username2889812
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So far there hasn't been much focus onto this prospect and therefore I thought I should ask...
How are men discriminated in day to day lives? Why is there a major perception amongst the public that men aren't discriminated as women?
Joleee
Badges: 18
Report 1 year ago
men are discriminated against, but it's rarely for being male. most often it has to do with other factors such as race, religion and socio-economic class.

if you want to talk about discrimination 'for being male' tho, right now only place i can think of in the workforce may be childcare. i think men and women are more suspicious of men who want to work in day-care centres because men are more likely to be sexual offenders.

in everyday life, i imagine men would feel social discrimination if they wanted to be a stay-at-home dad or house-husband, because that's a 'woman's job'. i'm just guessing because we rarely see men take on this role; i don't imagine there's a lot of data on it.

but i'm not sure where you get the idea that the public thinks men aren't discriminated against. i hear men crying about being discriminated against all the time; where have you been?
ihelpu
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Domestic disputes generally favour women. As men we are always deemed the aggressor if women are involved. I remember when I was younger my mum would always get riled up over nothing then attack my dad. On top of that she would call the police, and no matter what my dad said or what evidence he provided they would always take him away for the night until my parents got divorced. And even then, my mum claimed alimony and made my dad pay a large chunk of his salary to my mum 'to support us' yet only a fraction of this money went to us. Even when he lost his job they expected him to make these payments. I am baffled as to why my mum won custody - maybe there's something I dont know. I know its a sin to hate your mother and I will still love her, but I cant help but feel sorry for the way my dad got fkd over by the legal system and im not going to lie, I've developed a sense of fear and hatred towards women. Yet I would never become a homosexual. Im in quite the predicament now that Im entering adulthood.
gothai7
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Joleee)
men are discriminated against, but it's rarely for being male. most often it has to do with other factors such as race, religion and socio-economic class.

if you want to talk about discrimination 'for being male' tho, right now only place i can think of in the workforce may be childcare. i think men and women are more suspicious of men who want to work in day-care centres because men are more likely to be sexual offenders.

in everyday life, i imagine men would feel social discrimination if they wanted to be a stay-at-home dad or house-husband, because that's a 'woman's job'. i'm just guessing because we rarely see men take on this role; i don't imagine there's a lot of data on it.

but i'm not sure where you get the idea that the public thinks men aren't discriminated against. i hear men crying about being discriminated against all the time; where have you been?
You mean sexual offenders are more likely to be men, not the other way round
Joleee
Badges: 18
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by gothai7)
You mean sexual offenders are more likely to be men, not the other way round
i don't see the difference in syntax when you look at the entire sentence, but i haven't had my coffee yet. yeah sure, that. you knew what i meant so that's the important bit.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (220)
33.69%
No (433)
66.31%

Watched Threads