The Student Room Group

How many books do you own?

Scroll to see replies

I have about 400 books all together. However, half of my books are complete works of authors. E.g. I have all of Shakespeare’s plays, sonnets, and poems collected into one big volume in order to save some space in my room. I have 50 books I haven’t gotten around to reading yet because I also borrow books from libraries that I want to read too
Estimate at around 300 physical books, and less than 10 e-books.
I do not own many books, sadly. :sad: I would love to have my own personal library, but I move around quite a bit and have had like eight addresses since 2014, not to mention that I will most likely keep moving every year or so until I finish my studies, so I cannot exactly afford to own books at the moment. :erm: Instead, I mostly borrow books from the library. Sometimes, I read e-books, but I do not have to do that usually since I can borrow any book that is of interest to me from the library. :smile:
Original post by criggles
Estimate at around 300 physical books, and less than 10 e-books.

Looks like that you appreciate to read physical books, that is an impressive number.
Original post by Kallisto
Looks like that you appreciate to read physical books, that is an impressive number.

I would always just prefer to have a physical book in front of me, but when I have to travel, it can be almost impossible, but I still take physical books with me.
Original post by criggles
I would always just prefer to have a physical book in front of me, but when I have to travel, it can be almost impossible, but I still take physical books with me.

When I am travelling I have a book by the size of a pocket to read. So I am able to carry on it everywhere. :smile:
I have over 400 physical books and no E-books - never have, hopefully never will!
Mm I have some hooks but I mostly just read online cos I dont have the money to be buying so many books. I have about 30
Reply 28
Original post by shadowdweller
To the people who have said numbers in the hundreds - how many of them have you read? :tongue:

I'd say I've read 4/5 of the books I own.
Original post by gjd800
I'd say I've read 4/5 of the books I own.

Owning hundreds, or owning fewer? :tongue:
This is a rude question.

This question for me is like :

How much do you have in your bank account?

Because my books are equivalent to all the money in the world for me.
Reply 31
Original post by shadowdweller
Owning hundreds, or owning fewer? :tongue:

Hundreds.
physical books : there are books all over my house so it would be difficult to count. I'd say I own at least 100 in my house
E books : about 30
i have about 20 books on kindle. i want to build up a library of knowledge can refer to as getting older. i see reading as a productive activity than entertainment. i like to learn things, man things, books all men should read type books

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending