BA Marketing from University of Westminster or University of Hertfordshire? Watch

Drake6
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I want to do my bachelors in marketing, however I am having a tough time deciding between University of Westminster and University of Hertfordshire

I need advice regarding which university is a better option.

Thanks!
University of Westminster
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Drake6)
I want to do my bachelors in marketing, however I am having a tough time deciding between University of Westminster and University of Hertfordshire

I need advice regarding which university is a better option.

Thanks!
Hi there

It's great to hear you're considering Westminster alongside Hertfordshire to study your Marketing degree. I can't answer for Hertfordshire however I can say that studying at Westminster will give you lots of opportunities to explore central London and what London has to offer in terms of culture, entertainments, festivals and architecture. The Campus is based in Marylebone and ideal for student nightlife. As far as the course goes you'll have the opportunity to have a year work placement in industry and past students have been placed in prestigious organisations such as Disney, British Airways and Heinz. Alternatively you may with to spend a year abroad in the USA or Australia. The course will provide relevant exemptions from the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) and the Institute of Direct and Digital Marketing (IDM).

Hope this is of help. Best is luck with whichever uni you decide to study at.

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
Dgogia
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi Drake 6,I'm Diva and I have recently graduated from the university of westminster in BA Marketing Communications.I agree with what Kim advised you above specially regarding the opportunities Westminster as a university has to offer in terms of work placement and study abroad which greatly have helped my fellow mates secure graduate jobs for themselves.Moreover I would advice you Westminster also because of the fact that its in the heart of London.I believe being in the heart of a growing metropolitan will create innumerbale opportunities and Westminster truly helps each student in making the most of them. Also the fact that there are campuses spread across London,you tend to feel less lost and overwhelmed in your campus specially during the first week while you also have the opportunity to visit other campuses across London as well.
Lastly I feel Westminster created a lot of opportunities within and outside campus for me to build up on cv and the personalised attention I received from my professors greatly contributed towards my first class at university.
Let me know incase you have any other questions I can answer for you!
University of Hertfordshire
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi Drake6,

Hertfordshire Business School offers fantastic transformational opportunities for our students. We our most proud of the study abroad programme. Every business course offers the chance to study abroad as part of your degree. We have over 100 partner universities all over the world. You could even spend half the year studying abroad and half the year working abroad so you can experience the professional world in a new culture.

For example, you could spend the fist semester studying in Amsterdam and then do a work placement in Singapore. What is fantastic is that you can experience both studying and working abroad but also experience living in two countries.

https://www.herts.ac.uk/internationa...y/study-abroad

Hope this is helpful,

If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch,

Thanks,

Nick
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Westminster
    All Departments will be open. Postgraduate
    Wed, 4 Sep '19
    All Departments will be open. Undergraduate
    Sat, 12 Oct '19
    All Departments will be open. Undergraduate
    Sat, 9 Nov '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (40)
13.56%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (45)
15.25%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (54)
18.31%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (120)
40.68%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (16)
5.42%
No particular grades needed (20)
6.78%