RB346
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello everyone, I was wondering if your managers are allowed to flex your hours beyond your availability?? I just received next weeks hours and they are out of my availability hours. Would I be allowed to swap my shift instead?
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by RB346)
Hello everyone, I was wondering if your managers are allowed to flex your hours beyond your availability?? I just received next weeks hours and they are out of my availability hours. Would I be allowed to swap my shift instead?
They can but they shouldn't if you've told them you are unavailable. You should tell your manager you already said you were unavailable during those times and see what they do.
Jack22031994
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by RB346)
Yeah if they're out of your additional availability and your contracted hours, they can't really make you. Just ask your manager - it may be a simple error
benj2405
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by RB346)
It would largely depend on your Contract, though in terms of Common Sense, I would imagine that most Managers would try to accommodate your availability. I work for a different company though have always been able to sort things with my Store Manager, even if we were short on staff as we are now.

All I would say is that it is best to let the manager know ASAP, they hate nothing more than being messed about, as my Store Manager said to me once.
RB346
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello everyone thank you for your comments, I’ve spoken to my manager and she said she will arrange another time for me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (163)
59.06%
No I haven't decided yet (66)
23.91%
Yes but I might change my mind (47)
17.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed