rdesouza
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I’ve picked Loughborough as my insurance, can I firm Loughborough after I get my results? If so what can I do?
SummerStrawberry
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If it's been 14 days since you made your choices, you can't make changes directly through UCAS, as you've agreed to a contract with your universities. You can, however, still ask them to agree to a change until July 19th (ideally though, you want to start a week earlier at the latest to give everything time to go through).

If you are absolutely certain that you now want Loughborough to be your firm choice, you need to:
  1. Phone Loughborough admissions, and tell them you have them as insurance, and now want to make them your firm choice. They should have no qualms about this (after all, they're gaining a student!). Make sure you get the name and job title of the person you speak to, and write down what they tell you.
  2. Once Loughborough have agreed, phone the admissions department of the university you currently have as your firm choice, and tell them that you would like to make them your insurance choice. Again, make sure you get the name and job title of the person you speak to, and remember to record what they say. They should also have no qualms about this, as they don't want a student who doesn't want to be there - increased drop-outs look bad on them!
  3. Once both universities have agreed, phone UCAS and tell them what you have agreed with the universities, and ask them to switch your firm and insurance choices, making Loughborough your firm choice.

Throughout, ensure that you are clear that you want Loughborough to become your firm choice, and do not ever use the word 'withdraw' - UCAS often interprets this as 'please withdraw me from this year's admissions cycle', and you'll have to take a gap year.

Good luck!

Edit: Advice from TSR here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...surance-choice
Loughborough University
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by rdesouza)
I’ve picked Loughborough as my insurance, can I firm Loughborough after I get my results? If so what can I do?

Hi rdesouza

Great advice from SummerStrawberry - thank you
The only thing I would add is after you've spoken to them, follow up with an e-mail outlining your discussion.
The number for Loughborough admissions is 01509 223522
Their e-mail is [email protected]

You can find the UCAS info here: https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/a...te-application

If you need any more help or information before you switch - let me know.

Vicky
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (13)
14.29%
I need help researching courses (7)
7.69%
I need help with filling out the application form (6)
6.59%
I need help with my personal statement (36)
39.56%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (23)
25.27%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.2%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (4)
4.4%

Watched Threads