Jaye Elvey
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
i recently finished my gcses and are in the middle of summer and now i just realized that i used a friction pen for some of my exams and i am now concerned that all of my work will be erased because of the properties of the pen. should i be at all concerned or should i contact my school and inform them that i usd a friction pen in the exam

please can anyone help me on this?
Haunt
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Contact your school immediately.
Mich2039
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi. I was also going to use a friction pen for my GCSEs when a girl in my class told me it can rub away over time... Our examiners also told us not to use any friction pens for the exams... I suggest u tell your school and see what they say. It may be too late but hopefully it won't effect your grade. Good luck
Jaye Elvey
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mich2039)
i. I was also going to use a friction pen for my GCSEs when a girl in my class told me it can rub away over time... Our examiners also told us not to use any friction pens for the exams... I suggest u tell your school and see what they say. It may be too late but hopefully it won't effect your grade. Good luck
did you use the pen in your exam
Mich2039
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jaye Elvey)
did you use the pen in your exam
No... I was told it was too risky
great guy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i recently finished my gcses and are in the middle of summer and now i just realized that i used a friction pen for some of my exams and i am now concerned that all of my work will be erased because of the properties of the pen. should i be at all concerned or should i contact my school and inform them that i usd a friction pen in the exam

Friction pen ink disappears when it is in contact with heat (when it gets photocopied). I know this because my teacher erased a A3 landmark work by accident (laminating it) which I made me get really annoyed (he destroyed 5 hours worth of work).

Contact the exam board or your school immediately

This is coming from a guy who used friction pen from year 7 to all the way to year 10

I hope everything turns out alright! Don't stress too much about it (try and solve the problem asap)!
username2752874
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

A lot of papers often get checked at a HQ before they are photocopied. So there's that

Contact the exam board and/or school
Jaye Elvey
Rep:
?
No... I was told it was too risky
Do you think contacting the school and telling them what’s happened is the best thing to do?
Mich2039
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Do you think contacting the school and telling them what’s happened is the best thing to do?
Yes definitely! ASAP! I hope they can help you... It's very possible that it has affected your grades but maybe your school can help by contacting the exam board... Good luck
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I used friction pens in my exams I don't think it was a problem but from now on don't use any more friction pens.
Jaye Elvey
Rep:
?
Yes definitely! ASAP! I hope they can help you... It's very possible that it has affected your grades but maybe your school can help by contacting the exam board... Good luck
Ok thanks for your help
Mich2039
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ok thanks for your help
Any time. Good luck. Hope it turns out ok
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (227)
61.02%
No (77)
20.7%
Not sure (68)
18.28%

Watched Threads