The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

I just called accommodation - and apparently people should be hearing back from them anytime between now to mid August
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by nathgooner
I just called accommodation - and apparently people should be hearing back from them anytime between now to mid August

Woo! Is that just people who have unconditionals or people on conditionals as well?
Original post by yakuzakitty
Woo! Is that just people who have unconditionals or people on conditionals as well?

I'm not too sure, but I have an unconditional offer, and apparently they get allocated first.
Original post by Johnson Ruan
I've insured UCL (unconditional) and firmed Imperial (conditional - submit A-Level certificates). But thanks to Imperial's ridiculously high tuition fee, I think I will turn them down. But till now UCL haven't sent me any info about accomodation application. Does it mean that i'm not allowed to apply for accomodation by default? Is their any private halls near UCL that's reasonable (<180 /week for single room)

Hi Johnson Ruan,

My names Frankie, I work for UNITE, a private student accommodation provider.

I noticed your post and thought a response might be useful as we have a number of properties throughout London, some of which are less than £180pw for an ensuite room (bills included).

If you let me know which campus of UCL you’ll be based at I can let you know the price and location of properties that might suit you best.

I hope this helps,

Frankie
Original post by UNITE Student Accommodation
Hi Johnson Ruan,

My names Frankie, I work for UNITE, a private student accommodation provider.

I noticed your post and thought a response might be useful as we have a number of properties throughout London, some of which are less than £180pw for an ensuite room (bills included).

If you let me know which campus of UCL you’ll be based at I can let you know the price and location of properties that might suit you best.

I hope this helps,

Frankie

Hi there, thank you for your response.

I think i'll study at Bloomsbury Campus. Most of the halls that I found on UNITE website are so expensive (200++ / week) for a single room.
Original post by yakuzakitty
I thought both Imperial and UCL charged £9k per year for tuition...?

I'm an overseas student. >_<. Imperial charged 24500 per year and UCL around 16000 :frown:(
Original post by Johnson Ruan
Hi there, thank you for your response.

I think i'll study at Bloomsbury Campus. Most of the halls that I found on UNITE website are so expensive (200++ / week) for a single room.

Hi Johnson Ruan,

Thanks for messaging back.

We do have a new property opening this September called North Lodge, its roughly 5.5miles from Bloomsbury Campus and the price for a basic ensuite is £155 per week (which would include all your utility bills, internet connection and contents insurance).

Here’s a link to the information on North Lodge on the UNITE website that might be helpful - http://www.unite-students.com/unite-stage2/cities/london/properties/North+Lodge.page?

Frankie
I met my requirements and my offer turned unconditional two weeks ago, and about a week later I got a single at Connaught. Which is exactly what I wanted. :biggrin: The accommodation payment page said move-in day is Sep. 23- is that standard for all the halls?
Original post by mahassociates
I met my requirements and my offer turned unconditional two weeks ago, and about a week later I got a single at Connaught. Which is exactly what I wanted. :biggrin: The accommodation payment page said move-in day is Sep. 23- is that standard for all the halls?
Lucky you! My offer turned unconditional earlier but still no response from UCL. Did you get it by email?

Yes, it's standard, but you can request a form from them, fill it in and move in one week earlier :smile:
Original post by mahassociates

Hi! If you´re interested this is the official 2012-13 Connaught Hall Residents FB page: http://www.facebook.com/groups/connaught2012.13/. See you in September!:smile:
Reply 6870
Does everyone has the same problem while logging in to UCL Accommodation Online Services?
"UCL Student Accommodation Online Services are not currently available for use"
Hi I got an offer for Connaught Hall and I'm looking toward to it. The fees are about £180 per week and it's higher than the one stated from the website. (Hope it's lower :frown: )
I'm over the moon!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Currently looking for a studio flat in zones 1 or 2 for September/October..

I've noticed a good range available at what I consider to be reasonable prices (£120+ PW), which makes me a bit cautious given the location and what is being offered.

Is the quoted price typical?
Am I taking a big risk if I wait until the beginning of September to secure accommodation given the seemingly good availability of studio flats?

TIA.
Original post by Hovgoro
Does everyone has the same problem while logging in to UCL Accommodation Online Services?
"UCL Student Accommodation Online Services are not currently available for use"

I have exactly the same problem!
Original post by shake_it
Lucky you! My offer turned unconditional earlier but still no response from UCL. Did you get it by email?

Yes, it's standard, but you can request a form from them, fill it in and move in one week earlier :smile:

Yeah, I got it by email. And I had nine days to accept the offer. I did within about fifteen minutes, because I was so excited. :biggrin: And thanks! I actually can't move in earlier, because I already have plane tickets bought, so I'm glad I won't be arriving later than everyone else.
Original post by amyelizabeth2681
Anyone else not able to log on to portico? I tried logging on, but it keeps saying my password is wrong, despite the fact it's the same username and password I used to apply for accommodation. I then tried changing my password just in case, but it REFUSES to take anything I try changing it to saying its "not strong enough" despite even making up words and using numbers, symbols, uppercase and lower case letters. Help :frown:

This happened to me and took me about 10 times to find a strong enough password. I had 2 capital letters and the word is completely made up, I tried names but it didnt work at all
If you are given accommodation by UCL will they send me an email? I'm on holiday right now and can't really figure it all out. I just found an email from a while ago from UCL about putting some details into a system or something and everyone has to do it, but the portico is confusing me.
I'm worried they have offered accommodation to me but not sent an email and I've missed the 15 days or something
Reply 6877
Hey, I'm an International Postgrad with a conditional offer, though i've emailed the UCL admissions office that i have met the conditions for admission, they haven't converted my application status to unconditional yet.
My main doubt: is it possible that by the time my application status turns to unconditional, i'll be too late to be considered for accommodation and i will be forced to look for private accommodation elsewhere ?

And as i haven't been to london before, is private accommodation better or the one's offered by UCL ?

Thanks.
Reply 6878
Original post by abedi2
Hey, I'm an International Postgrad with a conditional offer, though i've emailed the UCL admissions office that i have met the conditions for admission, they haven't converted my application status to unconditional yet.
My main doubt: is it possible that by the time my application status turns to unconditional, i'll be too late to be considered for accommodation and i will be forced to look for private accommodation elsewhere ?

And as i haven't been to london before, is private accommodation better or the one's offered by UCL ?

Thanks.

Don't get confused. Everything will be OK, your offer will turn to unconditional within a week starting from the time you send the docs they need. And UCL will be offering accommodation till the end of August, so you have enough time.
Definitely the accommodation offered by UCL is better taking into the account that you don't know the city and you won't need any kind of transportation as the residences offered by UCL are very close to the university. Good luck.
Reply 6879
Sorry to ask so many questions, but are there any accommodations which have a higher population of postgrads ? and if anyone has an idea, how is Nutford House ?

Latest