1st class? Watch

Lollipopslife
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
I just got my result for my 2nd year and overall grade is 61%. Is it still possible to achieve a 1st class if I work really hard? I really don’t know how this grades are calculated. Someone help by explain & answering my question.
amihalo
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Each university has it's own rules so nobody can really answer about how the grade is calculated. You need to talk to your tutors to understand what you need to do to improve. It's not just about working hard, you have to work smart.
Claros
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Do you know the weightings for third and second year respectively? Assuming that each is worth 50% of your overall degree mark, you'd need to average around 79% to get a first next year. Considering you've been getting 2.1s, I'd consider whether this is realistic. It IS possible, but it would be quite difficult to achieve.

Focus on the feedback you've received on your assignments and try to work on them. Identify any study methods that haven't worked quite as well for you and aim to change them. That's all I can recommend as the information you've given is quite limited.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (413)
18.6%
The paper was reasonable (1054)
47.46%
Not feeling great about that exam... (493)
22.2%
It was TERRIBLE (261)
11.75%

Watched Threads