The Student Room Group

Should I choose law or art as a career?

Im a student in secondary school (equivalent to high-school) and I’m thinking about future and what i would like to do. Arts and law are two every different things and I can decide on which path to go down. I would really love to do law but my studies are kinda average (I’m predicted 5s & 6s = C & Bs on my GCSEs) so I feel like i wouldn’t make it. I’m significantly good at art and predicted an 8 or 9 (A* & A**) What is your advice?
Reply 1
Do what you enjoy. Growing up I’ve always been into maths and art and was so stuck between the two that I somewhat combined them together, as I now study civil engineering 😂. But at the same time choose a degree that’s going to give you a job - Art is something you can always do and pursue as a side/hobby (I still paint and draw in my free time so it’s possible). Whatever you choose I wish you well
Reply 2
law
Reply 3
Original post by Alanasmith
Im a student in secondary school (equivalent to high-school) and I’m thinking about future and what i would like to do. Arts and law are two every different things and I can decide on which path to go down. I would really love to do law but my studies are kinda average (I’m predicted 5s & 6s = C & Bs on my GCSEs) so I feel like i wouldn’t make it. I’m significantly good at art and predicted an 8 or 9 (A* & A**) What is your advice?

To study law you dont need super high GCSEs and with art you can choose a career linked with art that will create an income such as a cartoonist etc.But go with what you feel most passionate about and feel as though you'll succeed in. Your art grade predictions are high so i'm assuming you're probably amazing at art. If you're planning on doing law do you feel as though you have what it takes to argue your point across and do you feel passionate about it x Good Luck with Choosing
What career would you do with art?
Original post by Alanasmith

Go for the one you're passionate about. You may have average grades now, but if you're doing a subject you love then you'll naturally put more into it and do better. Never go for something that doesn't interest you. Go for the subject that ignites your passion! There are far too many passionless people working careers they hate, do be one of them!

Quick Reply

Latest