The Student Room Group

I haven't enjoyed most memorably moments in my life

I see pictures from my graduation and me going away to college and I remember how unhappy I was.
Maybe I was very unhappy at that time but even in the instance of my grad/prom, I just remember going home thinking it was a waste of money.

Most nights out seem to go that way for me.

The happiest memory I have as of recent was being surprised with a 04 Golf on my 21st birthday earlier in the month.
Before that it was buying my first real guitar at 18.
I seem to grow more attached to things.

There is no night out that I can look back on and say 'that was the best night of my life', or even a good night of my life.

Everything just feels like waiting for these events only to be disappointed by them, and it's not like I have high aspirations either, I just never end up having much fun.

Is this normal?
I feel the exact same. I never even went to my middle school or high school prom. Do I regret it? I don't know. It would have been nice to have seen everyone much happier and relaxed, but at the same time I know I'd feel awkward and not fit in.

That applies to nights out too. I haven't had a good one yet. I've barely had any. Any attempt that I make to be more social ends up being awkward and makes everything even worse.

I can't tell you if it's normal or not. Just know you're not alone.
Same didnt go to high school prom and there wasnt one in college (woulve gone for sure) regret not choosing a grammar school over college so yeah. I havent been to many nights out and havent enjoyed my time being a teen which I kick myself for everytime cause I missed out on sooo many things that I acc wanted to experience. Wish I could start again at 14 and not be a lazy and introverted freak.

At least you seem to have memories albeit not enjoyable whereas I can say I have close to 0 memories.
OP, you sound normal enough. I agree about proms being a waste of money. It's a good skill to have, realising the value of things. Some things are good value. Some things are bad value.

A lot of things, the value of them depends what you make of them. Next time you go out, be determined to get the most enjoyment out of it and therefore the best value that you can.

An 04 Golf is a great choice of car for a 21 year old.

Not everyone can lead James Bond lifestyles.

An exercise that you might want to do is to write down 50 to 100 ambitions that you have. Then try to do them all by the time you're 25.
Reply 4
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
OP, you sound normal enough. I agree about proms being a waste of money. It's a good skill to have, realising the value of things. Some things are good value. Some things are bad value.

A lot of things, the value of them depends what you make of them. Next time you go out, be determined to get the most enjoyment out of it and therefore the best value that you can.

An 04 Golf is a great choice of car for a 21 year old.

Not everyone can lead James Bond lifestyles.

An exercise that you might want to do is to write down 50 to 100 ambitions that you have. Then try to do them all by the time you're 25.

Thanks, yeah that's not something I've thought about I guess it does show I can realise the value, and the fact that you make them..

I realise I don't have a lot of the same interest as others my age, I play golf, I play guitar (acoustic, older stuff like James Taylor, Fleetwood Mac etc), I'm into cars but sports cars, not the typical that's

I don't dress like a lot of my friends, I wear jeans mostly,jumpers, desert boots that sort of thing.

I'm into watches and collecting watches, I'm looking at buying a Rolex or Omega.

Sometimes I actually feel like I'm older than I am, not in a sense that I feel like I'm in my 30s but I've the hobbies of someone who's older.
I also can't wait to get out of college I just don't enjoy it.

I have pretty high ambitions, I want to be self employed, I want to be rich, I want to build a portfolio that alloys me to take time off work and generate passive income.

I want to own a Porsche or an Aston Martin, maybe an Audi R8.

A lot of it is probably seen as materialistic but most of the happiest moments in my life has been based around materialistic possessions, maybe that's a bad thing..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending