-Why life is not sacred
-Conclusion

Many thanks!
Marcus_:D
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I did GCSE OCR Religious studies last year.

For your first two paragraphs you want to argue that all life is sacred and then avoid saying that “all life is not sacred” as that is for your christian paragraphs.

[EDIT] stick to one paragraph for the some people section as that is all you need.

Some people are led to agree with this statement due to:
Seeing animals and humans as equals
All life should be respected
Some people are pro-life to respect human life
Then express your opinion: this is true, but what is actually happening in the world do you think? Animal cruelty, and other means of not respecting life.

A thing to remember with the Sanctity of Life is singing this the same way as Frere Jacques:

Life is Sacred, Life is Sacred
Given by God, Given by God
Only God can take it, Only God can take it,
Sanctity, Sanctity.

So now to your christian paragraphs:

Express the belief in the soul and that only humans have a soul. Insert sanctity of life and relate it to “Your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit” Therefore, humans have dominion over animals since they do not have souls: “rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the sky”. Animals can be used for animal testing if so desired and insert your opinion at the end.

Then talk about the soul being God given and how all human life is sacred. “The breath of life” or that quote about God breathing life into Adam’s nostrils. You should aim to talk about how the soul is the spiritual part of the body which gives humanity more value in life “you are of more value than many sparrows”. And then insert your opinion.

Then talk about how even though animals do not have a soul in belief it is Christians who believe in Stewardship who respect animal life as they are God’s creation. “A righteous man has regard for the life of his animals’. They believe they have a responsibility to care for God’s creation in the world and would be against vivisections and animal cruelty to some extent. Insert your opinion.

Then write a conclusion saying what you believe about the statement. What is the reality of it? In terms of animal treatment is it up to the government? Are you supporting christian values? And then finish off with a nice sentence at the end: in the end whether or not one believes that life is sacred, it is a human duty to thrive and coexist with animals within the world.

This is not perfect as it could include parables or real life examples, but will enable you to get the top marks especially by adding an opinion in the first paragraph and maybe 2 christian paragraphs as dominion and stewardship and separate ideas.

Hope this helps!!
esrever
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
These type of questions give me anxiety
Marcus_:D
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by esrever)
These type of questions give me anxiety
It’s quite a lot to think about, but if you get a whole bank of useful quotes and examples and parables prepared for every question they throw at you then you will get all this done in no time with lots of practise. Just keep giving in D and E questions to your teacher to mark and they will be happy to.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (189)
15.5%
Uncertainty around my education (199)
16.32%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (119)
9.76%
Isolating with family (85)
6.97%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (47)
3.86%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (105)
8.61%
Loneliness (118)
9.68%
Financial worries (52)
4.27%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (110)
9.02%
Exposure to negative news/social media (89)
7.3%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (106)
8.7%

Watched Threads