Danny Dyer on Brexit.

Watch this thread
Cod3tte
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZURHyR7Nzs

Seriously, I couldn't agree with him more.
username917703
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
He's so funny
username1221160
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Calling David Cameron a **** on TV. Never has a man become a national hero so quickly.
AperfectBalance
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
suprise suprise, international politics is difficult
username3895014
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
He said what everyone was thinking about David Cameron, on live TV
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Ed Balls red in the face ****ing himself laughing.
Ambitious1999
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Cod3tte)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZURHyR7Nzs

Seriously, I couldn't agree with him more.
He should be sacked from the BBC and axed from Eastenders for his contempt of Brexit.
Napp
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by AperfectBalance)
suprise suprise, international politics is difficult
Isn't the point of Brexit that its explicitly "national politics" not "international".
AperfectBalance
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Napp)
Isn't the point of Brexit that its explicitly "national politics" not "international".
It involves the EU so therefore it is international, also will heavily involve non eu countries after we leave
Occitanie
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Whatever celebrities have to say about Brexit is irrelevant. Of course they’re well in their rights to express their sentiments, but it’s regurgitated, globalist drivel.
Napp
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
It involves the EU so therefore it is international, also will heavily involve non eu countries after we leave
Debatable
And given the Brexit thing was expressly to get rid of them pesky foreigners I do find thatcomment somewhat ironic...
username917703
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Guys hating on Danny.

He's great.
AperfectBalance
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Napp)
Debatable
And given the Brexit thing was expressly to get rid of them pesky foreigners I do find thatcomment somewhat ironic...
No it is not debatable, it is fact.

And given the Brexit thing was expressly to get rid of them pesky foreigners

Yeah sure, keep your highly skilled and insightful politics to yourself as you are making yourself look foolish
Napp
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
No it is not debatable, it is fact.

And given the Brexit thing was expressly to get rid of them pesky foreigners

Yeah sure, keep your highly skilled and insightful politics to yourself as you are making yourself look foolish
No what is debatable is whether Brexit revolves around the EU's problems or Britiains problems.

If you say so champ but all you have to do is pick up any paper from around the time of the vote to find various diatribes from people like yourself about the evils of immigration and "Poles takin' ahh jobs" - i'd say that does tend to point towards a touch of foreigner hating, wouldnt you ?
AperfectBalance
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Napp)
No what is debatable is whether Brexit revolves around the EU's problems or Britiains problems.

If you say so champ but all you have to do is pick up any paper from around the time of the vote to find various diatribes from people like yourself about the evils of immigration and "Poles takin' ahh jobs" - i'd say that does tend to point towards a touch of foreigner hating, wouldnt you ?
That was not the question, you have changed the goalposts, is Brexit an International issue, Yes 100%, that is not debatable.

I dont think you understand, a majority of the people who are calling for something to be done are talking about LOWER immigration not "Lets get all these forigners out of our country" and for most has nothing to do with racism, very typically you have boiled down the incredibly complex issue of immigration to "Look at me I am a saint, bring me your huddled masses" or "Lets get all of these non British people out of here"
viddy9
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
David Cameron obviously shouldn’t have called the referendum in the first place. However, amusing as his rant was, we should think very carefully before praising Dyer and, ironically or not, calling for him to be the “next Prime Minister”. We already have a celebrity in the White House, and it’s not going very well. Like Trump, Dyer essentially said nothing of substance.

Those of us who oppose Brexit and Trump shouldn’t do the same thing with Dyer, Oprah, or any other celebrity.

Though, Dyer apparently voted for Brexit, so he can’t exactly be written off by foolish Brexiteers who think that something called a “liberal metropolitan elite” actually exists.
Underscore__
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by viddy9)
David Cameron obviously shouldn’t have called the referendum in the first place. However, amusing as his rant was, we should think very carefully before praising Dyer and, ironically or not, calling for him to be the “next Prime Minister”. We already have a celebrity in the White House, and it’s not going very well. Like Trump, Dyer essentially said nothing of substance.

Those of us who oppose Brexit and Trump shouldn’t do the same thing with Dyer, Oprah, or any other celebrity.

Though, Dyer apparently voted for Brexit, so he can’t exactly be written off by foolish Brexiteers who think that something called a “liberal metropolitan elite” actually exists.
I’d love to see Danny Dyer’s reaction if someone said to him he’s part of the ‘liberal metropolitan elite’
ChaoticButterfly
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Underscore__)
I’d love to see Danny Dyer’s reaction if someone said to him he’s part of the ‘liberal metropolitan elite’
Well in a way he is. He is a well paid celebrity actor. He moves and works in liberal metropolitan circles.
Underscore__
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
Well in a way he is. He is a well paid celebrity actor. He moves and works in liberal metropolitan circles.
I’m not sure how liberal he would necessarily be but seeing his personality I think his reaction would be quite amusing; there’d be a delay as he tried to compute the meaning of those words and then countless obscenities
ChaoticButterfly
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Underscore__)
I’m not sure how liberal he would necessarily be but seeing his personality I think his reaction would be quite amusing; there’d be a delay as he tried to compute the meaning of those words and then countless obscenities
It's an expression of how stupid this idea of class is that someone like Danny Dyer can be seen as authentic working class despite being exceedinly wealthy from the back of a none working class and none manual profession. Just based on what he sounds like.

I bet he does have quite liberal views, despite his language and accent that portrays the stereotypical conservative masculinaty of the "white working class".
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (38)
26.21%
As I expected (47)
32.41%
Harder (53)
36.55%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.83%

Watched Threads