How long after you've applied for university do you hear back?

Watch
username2235829
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm applying for university next year and was wondering how long does it take usually for you to hear back regarding an interview?
Also, after the interview, how long does it take to hear back regarding an offer?

My uni choices for Primary Education with a QTS include Greenwich, Middlesex and St Mary's
Bham369
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by CaitlinFashion)
I'm applying for university next year and was wondering how long does it take usually for you to hear back regarding an interview?
Also, after the interview, how long does it take to hear back regarding an offer?

My uni choices for Primary Education with a QTS include Greenwich, Middlesex and St Mary's
The sooner you apply, the sooner they get back to you my brother got one of his offers within a day of applying, it tool a month for me...

Spoiler:
Show

We are both doing different courses and going to different unis
username2235829
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bham369)
The sooner you apply, the sooner they get back to you my brother got one of his offers within a day of applying, it tool a month for me...

Spoiler:
Show

We are both doing different courses and going to different unis

Ok thanks, did you both appy before the deadline then? Around when did you apply?
username3689312
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I really wouldn't worry about this. I applied and within 2 days I had an unconditional offer. My other choices took weeks longer.

The universities you have applied for will get back to you in due course and you'll have enough time to decide which one you want to go to.
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Some take weeks, some take months, some take the piss.

Varies per uni and per course.

Search TSR for "Fastest and Slowest Offer Senders" and you'll see the threads for the last few years charting how fast your unis send offers out.

Thread moved to Applications and UCAS
username2235829
Rep:
?
(Original post by james_law)
I really wouldn't worry about this. I applied and within 2 days I had an unconditional offer. My other choices took weeks longer.

The universities you have applied for will get back to you in due course and you'll have enough time to decide which one you want to go to.
Thank you
username2235829
Rep:
?
(Original post by 04MR17)
Some take weeks, some take months, some take the piss.

Varies per uni and per course.

Search TSR for "Fastest and Slowest Offer Senders" and you'll see the threads for the last few years charting how fast your unis send offers out.

Thread moved to Applications and UCAS
Thank you
Middlesex University
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by CaitlinFashion)

Hi Caitlin,

After you have done the application, it usually takes up to six weeks to hear back. Then, once you have done the interview, a couple of weeks more.

I am not sure if it works in the same way for all the universities, that is how it works for Middlesex

Hope it helps.
Have a great day
Ludovica
hmaelr
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
In my case, I got my first decision a week after I submitted my application and had all 5 replies within 2 weeks
qw1234
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Is it true that prestigious universities get lots of applications so they are slower? Or is this just a myth?
hmaelr
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by qw1234)
Is it true that prestigious universities get lots of applications so they are slower? Or is this just a myth?
I don’t know if it’s possible to generalise as such, but I do believe that they’re likely to have a lot more applications coming in. Not entirely sure if it does affect how long it takes for them to reply substantially though.

I got a decision from Edinburgh within 2 weeks of sending off my application.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (400)
56.26%
I don't have everything I need (311)
43.74%

Watched Threads