The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

January Welcome Week?

Hey

I've applied to Edinburgh and am waiting for my results. Assuming (touch wood) I get in.

My family are booking time over Christmas to see family. To save money they're booking months in advance. I've looked at the academic year calender- something called "January Welcome Week" runs 9th-13th January before the second semester. What is it? Is it important/can I afford to skip it? Trying to figure out when I would fly back!

Thanks!
Original post by Kn1ghtyKn1ght
Hey

I've applied to Edinburgh and am waiting for my results. Assuming (touch wood) I get in.

My family are booking time over Christmas to see family. To save money they're booking months in advance. I've looked at the academic year calender- something called "January Welcome Week" runs 9th-13th January before the second semester. What is it? Is it important/can I afford to skip it? Trying to figure out when I would fly back!

Thanks!

The January welcome week is for visiting/exchange students. It's not compulsory either :smile:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by Blue_Cow
The January welcome week is for visiting/exchange students. It's not compulsory either :smile:

thanks!

Quick Reply