I failed my AS mock exams and I don't know what to do anymore

Watch
username2875866
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So we just did our end of year mock exams and I pretty much ****ed everything up.

B - computer science
C (barely) - physics
N/A - Maths (less than 30% marks)

My GCSEs were pretty good, I had an 8 in maths and an A* in physics and computer science, and I got a B in further maths GCSE so I decided to do Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Computer science as my 4.
Further maths is the worst decision I made, I failed every test and we went over everything so fast until I dropped the subject a few months ago. My work ethic has never been very good, I didn't really need it at GCSE, but now I'm really ****ing up any plans of a future I might have had. I have one year to basically try and redo the maths content and the new stuff to get my predicted A*, and I'm pretty sure I can't do it. What should I do? Planning on killing myself if I repeat what I did in year 12.
The RAR
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Are these your internal exam results?
username2875866
Rep:
?
(Original post by The RAR)
Are these your internal exam results?
Yeah, we didn't have any real AS exams
_animenerd
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by fat_nerd)
Haha all good bro, I ****ed my maths aswell. I honestly didn't expect the exam to be so dumb, and so context heavy. All I can say is go on physics and maths tutor and do every paper you can for maths, that's what I'm planning if I make it into year 13.
username2875866
Rep:
?
(Original post by _animenerd)
Haha all good bro, I ****ed my maths aswell. I honestly didn't expect the exam to be so dumb, and so context heavy. All I can say is go on physics and maths tutor and do every paper you can for maths, that's what I'm planning if I make it into year 13.
Yeah, we had been doing old spec past papers all year and then that one is 100x harder and I didn't have a ****ing clue on some of the questions
MJ4545
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Just continue but put more effort
The RAR
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by fat_nerd)
Strange, our school still hasn't received their internal exam results. The papers they sat were exactly the same as this year's real AS exams, I am struggling with CompSci too because of the Algorithm and Programming part
JMR2021_
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hmm, if these were not public exams perhaps you could try convince your teachers that you will put in much more effort in the future and do so. Then maybe they’ll reconsider your predicted grades? fat_nerd
username2875866
Rep:
?
(Original post by JMR2018)
Hmm, if these were not public exams perhaps you could try convince your teachers that you will put in much more effort in the future and do so. Then maybe they’ll reconsider your predicted grades? fat_nerd
Possibly, my teachers are quite considerate, but I'm not sure how much they'll bump my maths up considering how bad I've been at it all year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (21)
6.09%
Uncertainty around my education (37)
10.72%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (40)
11.59%
Lack of purpose or motivation (47)
13.62%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (17)
4.93%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (16)
4.64%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (37)
10.72%
Financial worries (24)
6.96%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (15)
4.35%
Exposure to negative news/social media (21)
6.09%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (10)
2.9%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (35)
10.14%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (25)
7.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed