Oxford Brookes v Bath uni?

Watch
0livia56432
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Is prestigiousness Bath uni deemed better than Oxford Brookes and overall a better uni? Even though oxford b facilities seem more modern and the town is a highlight?
Oxford Brookes Student Ambassadors
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 0livia56432)
Is prestigiousness Bath uni deemed better than Oxford Brookes and overall a better uni? Even though oxford b facilities seem more modern and the town is a highlight?
Hi, thanks for thinking about Brookes!

I’m a current philosophy student at Brookes so obviously I’ll tell you that I love it there
I think everyone is super friendly, there's lots of support, plenty of societies, lots of nightlife in town as well as plenty of societies and sports clubs.
But if you value stats and rakings too, Oxford Brookes does great there too. For example:
Brookes is the UK’s #1 university for teaching and research in THE Young University rankings 2018.
Brookes is the only UK uni ranked in the QS University World Rankings Top 50 Under 50.
We have risen 16 places in the guardian league table in the past two years.
And we are “among the world’s top universities” in 14 subjects according to the QS world rankings.

I do find all of these stats super impressive which does make me really proud to be a Brookes student, however,
I personally believe that a good classification degree with plenty of work experience and showing passion for your career or subject is more important than a degree from any university in particular. For me and I also believe a lot of employers, it’s far more important that you are a well rounded person than someone with a degree from a ‘prestigious’ uni.
To help students who may want to work abroad after university we not only use traditional degree classifications (1st, 2:1, 2:2 etc.) but we also use GPA which is internationally recognised. Here's some more information: https://www.brookes.ac.uk/students/y...point-average/

If you have any more questions about Brookes please let me know!

Thanks so much,
Catrin
Student Ambassador
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (54)
29.51%
No - I have already returned home (23)
12.57%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (42)
22.95%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (16)
8.74%
No - I live at home during term anyway (48)
26.23%

Watched Threads