Student cards Watch

CharleneH87
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi guys, when do we get our student cards? Is it when we go into uni in September to officially enroll? Thanks
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Seamus123
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by CharleneH87)
Hi guys, when do we get our student cards? Is it when we go into uni in September to officially enroll? Thanks
Usually on enrolment day.
Acsel
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
What do you mean by student card? As in your university issued student card? Or something else like an NUS card? University issued cards are usally collected first week of term if you're on campus and you'll have instructions regarding that sent to you.
CharleneH87
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I haven’t had any info on that, I’m referring to the card you use for student discounts etc or do you apply for that separately?
Acsel
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by CharleneH87)
I haven’t had any info on that, I’m referring to the card you use for student discounts etc or do you apply for that separately?
You mean an NUS card? You have to apply for that (and pay for it) seperately. It has nothing to do with your university and you don't just get handed one for being a student.

That said, some retailers will accept your university ID card as proof of being a student for student discount but if you want to take full advantage of NUS discounts, you need to buy an NUS card yourself. There's no guarantee that anyone accepts your uni ID either.
12haywardJ
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Acsel)
You mean an NUS card? You have to apply for that (and pay for it) seperately. It has nothing to do with your university and you don't just get handed one for being a student.

That said, some retailers will accept your university ID card as proof of being a student for student discount but if you want to take full advantage of NUS discounts, you need to buy an NUS card yourself. There's no guarantee that anyone accepts your uni ID either.
Some universities provide a NUS card as my brother had received his just recently from his university while another good two student discount like UNIDAYS which is free and only requires the school / college / university email while The Opinion Panel Community is where you complete several surveys until you receive 2, 500 points which is worth £25, that £25 will be a voucher for one of the selected shop it provides them for.
Acsel
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by 12haywardJ)
Some universities provide a NUS card as my brother had received his just recently from his university
Oh really? I've not heard of unis offering NUS cards to students but it's not surprising. Does sound a bit like one of those gimmick things that unis do though to entice students.
12haywardJ
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Acsel)
Oh really? I've not heard of unis offering NUS cards to students but it's not surprising. Does sound a bit like one of those gimmick things that unis do though to entice students.
Honestly I had the same reaction. He goes to Brunel university
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (233)
27.51%
No (614)
72.49%

Watched Threads