Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, when do we get our student cards? Is it when we go into uni in September to officially enroll? Thanks
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharleneH87)
    Hi guys, when do we get our student cards? Is it when we go into uni in September to officially enroll? Thanks
    Usually on enrolment day.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    What do you mean by student card? As in your university issued student card? Or something else like an NUS card? University issued cards are usally collected first week of term if you're on campus and you'll have instructions regarding that sent to you.

ReputationRep:
    I haven’t had any info on that, I’m referring to the card you use for student discounts etc or do you apply for that separately?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by CharleneH87)
    I haven’t had any info on that, I’m referring to the card you use for student discounts etc or do you apply for that separately?
    You mean an NUS card? You have to apply for that (and pay for it) seperately. It has nothing to do with your university and you don't just get handed one for being a student.

That said, some retailers will accept your university ID card as proof of being a student for student discount but if you want to take full advantage of NUS discounts, you need to buy an NUS card yourself. There's no guarantee that anyone accepts your uni ID either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)
    You mean an NUS card? You have to apply for that (and pay for it) seperately. It has nothing to do with your university and you don't just get handed one for being a student.

That said, some retailers will accept your university ID card as proof of being a student for student discount but if you want to take full advantage of NUS discounts, you need to buy an NUS card yourself. There's no guarantee that anyone accepts your uni ID either.
    Some universities provide a NUS card as my brother had received his just recently from his university while another good two student discount like UNIDAYS which is free and only requires the school / college / university email while The Opinion Panel Community is where you complete several surveys until you receive 2, 500 points which is worth £25, that £25 will be a voucher for one of the selected shop it provides them for.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by 12haywardJ)
    Some universities provide a NUS card as my brother had received his just recently from his university
    Oh really? I've not heard of unis offering NUS cards to students but it's not surprising. Does sound a bit like one of those gimmick things that unis do though to entice students.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)
    Oh really? I've not heard of unis offering NUS cards to students but it's not surprising. Does sound a bit like one of those gimmick things that unis do though to entice students.
    Honestly I had the same reaction. He goes to Brunel university

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.