Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'll be studying A Levels as I've now settled on a degree choice (Electronic Engineering).

I'll be trying to self study as we can't afford prepacked courses but it'll likely be an option in 3-6 months if I'm really struggling. Planning to take A Levels in 2020, maybe one of them in November 2019 to make work easier to manage the next summer.

I'll be studying Maths, Physics and Law, probably also Spanish as I'm already doing well with that and planned to take the DELE in the next 18 months (finances and level dependent) but if I can get another qualification that is recognised on my CV then it'll be a better option I think.

Anybody else going down the A Level route?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by SettlerOfRatan)
    I'll be studying A Levels as I've now settled on a degree choice (Electronic Engineering).

I'll be trying to self study as we can't afford prepacked courses but it'll likely be an option in 3-6 months if I'm really struggling. Planning to take A Levels in 2020, maybe one of them in November 2019 to make work easier to manage the next summer.

I'll be studying Maths, Physics and Law, probably also Spanish as I'm already doing well with that and planned to take the DELE in the next 18 months (finances and level dependent) but if I can get another qualification that is recognised on my CV then it'll be a better option I think.

Anybody else going down the A Level route?
    Be aware there will be additional expense for Physics, which requires the practical endorsement and Spanish, which will require you to do the listening and speaking parts.

Spend some time selecting the correct exam board and options as well as timetabling deadlines and fees. You need to get this part correct.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, I am very aware of it (hard not to be with how expensive they are!), it's why I'm not doing a second science as we just can't afford it.

I am going with Edexcel for Maths and Physics and AQA for Law and Spanish, I've found an exam centre that offers all four options so any clashes would be accounted for and they are the same exam bodies that the company I would use for a prepackaged option use so if I go down that route it'll hopefully be seamless.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.