Grades Watch

alicecattx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am looking to do BSc (Hons) Marketing at Edge Hill next year. I am in college and have just finished my first year of my Level 3 Business course with all Distinctions.

However, I was the taster year for the new English and Maths. I passed my maths with a 4, my English lit with a 4 but failed my Language with a 3. My College will not put me forward for retaking the language exam due to passing the literature. Will this effect my chances of getting in?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by alicecattx)
I am looking to do BSc (Hons) Marketing at Edge Hill next year. I am in college and have just finished my first year of my Level 3 Business course with all Distinctions.

However, I was the taster year for the new English and Maths. I passed my maths with a 4, my English lit with a 4 but failed my Language with a 3. My College will not put me forward for retaking the language exam due to passing the literature. Will this effect my chances of getting in?
Edge Hill say they require language.
You should contact them direct and see if they will accept literature.
https://www.edgehill.ac.uk/study/app...-requirements/

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4902692

Appears your college wont get funding because you passed literature, even though you failed language.

Based on the above, then talk to the college point out you need language and ask if you can pay to sit the GCSE there [that will be the cheapest option] . Point out You need it for your degree.
alicecattx
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
Edge Hill say they require language.
You should contact them direct and see if they will accept literature.
https://www.edgehill.ac.uk/study/app...-requirements/

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4902692

Appears your college wont get funding because you passed literature, even though you failed language.

Based on the above, then talk to the college point out you need language and ask if you can pay to sit the GCSE there [that will be the cheapest option] . Point out You need it for your degree.
Thank you for replying, going to explore paying for it myself route and hopefully pass this time.
999tigger
Report 1 year ago
Thank you for replying, going to explore paying for it myself route and hopefully pass this time.
The biggest cost is an exam centre i.e someones facilities where you can sit it and be invigilated . If the college agree to that, then that can save you c£150-£200. The exam fee should be c£50.
alicecattx
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
The biggest cost is an exam centre i.e someones facilities where you can sit it and be invigilated . If the college agree to that, then that can save you c£150-£200. The exam fee should be c£50.
probably can get my tutor to help me out, ive been awarded the business student of the year award this year out of hundreds of other students and she really wants me to go to uni, fingers crossed everything can pan out ok.
999tigger
Report 1 year ago
probably can get my tutor to help me out, ive been awarded the business student of the year award this year out of hundreds of other students and she really wants me to go to uni, fingers crossed everything can pan out ok.
It is better for you to have language. just use Mr Salles and Bruff. If you were motivated then you could sit it this November, so I suggest you get it this month or you have another chance next May/June.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    All Faculties - Undergraduate and Postgraduate Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Aug '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Sat, 12 Oct '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Sat, 9 Nov '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (145)
17.64%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
9%
No I am happy with my course choice (485)
59%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (118)
14.36%

Watched Threads