Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I’m spending my entire summer doing an assignment which is a 2000 word essay related to a topic in the Chemistry field.
    This is for a university programme.
    Does anyone have any topics related to chemistry which I can make an essay on? I know this is my choice, and I have thought of some topics such as a person in the past who have contributed to chemistry and how this changed chemistry.
    I was also thinking about polymers, how they are made (including an example), the issue around the chosen polymers and how to avoid it, but to be honest, it’s a boring topic.
    Does anyone have any more ideas?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    whatsapp me on +1518 6559794

ReputationRep:
    What area of chemistry were you thinking of focusing it around (Organic, Inorganic, Physical etc.)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryan CS)
    What area of chemistry were you thinking of focusing it around (Organic, Inorganic, Physical etc.)?
    I was mainly trying to focus on the organic side of chemistry since that’s the side I know most about so far.
    I was told that the two main sides of organic chem is either the medical side or environmental/economical side of chemistry.
    Mainly, the environmental/economical side of organic chemistry since I really do not like anything related to medical. Hence the reason I thought about polymers as my choice for an assignment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShoaibK01)
    So I’m spending my entire summer doing an assignment which is a 2000 word essay related to a topic in the Chemistry field.
    This is for a university programme.
    Does anyone have any topics related to chemistry which I can make an essay on? I know this is my choice, and I have thought of some topics such as a person in the past who have contributed to chemistry and how this changed chemistry.
    I was also thinking about polymers, how they are made (including an example), the issue around the chosen polymers and how to avoid it, but to be honest, it’s a boring topic.
    Does anyone have any more ideas?
    honestly m8. go **** yourself. i dont even do chemistry. imma just get drunk with the boys with rona. ITS RONA SEASON BOYSSSS!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShoaibK01)
    I was mainly trying to focus on the organic side of chemistry since that’s the side I know most about so far.
    I was told that the two main sides of organic chem is either the medical side or environmental/economical side of chemistry.
    Mainly, the environmental/economical side of organic chemistry since I really do not like anything related to medical. Hence the reason I thought about polymers as my choice for an assignment.
    Ok, Organic Chemistry is more my type of chemistry as I do have an interest in medical aspects of chemistry. I think the idea about polymers is a good idea. One idea I have heard about is how the shortage of crude oil (and alkanes/alkenes) are reducing the amount of chemicals that can be used as feedstock for other organic reactions and the creation of organic products such as plastics. That might be an idea to link in with your idea on polymerisation and how alternative polymers might need to be developed in order to conserve reserves of some substances that might be used for other purposes. For example using Alkenes for plastics reduces the use for creating alcohols or halogenoalkanes which can be used as feedstock to synthesis new drugs particularly when reacting with benzene and other aromatic chemicals. Anyway thats just an idea

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.