The Student Room Group

How particular are guys about girls' bodies in relationships?

I've always been curious. With everyone being bombarded with pictures of perfect bodies of both men and women, standards must be quite high.
So how fussy are guys about girls'bodies - say for example about stretchmarks, scars etc, when looking for a long-term relationship? For eg what if only late into the relationship you find out she doesn't have perfect skin or something? Is that a deal-breaker?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I've always been curious. With everyone being bombarded with pictures of perfect bodies of both men and women, standards must be quite high.
So how fussy are guys about girls'bodies - say for example about stretchmarks, scars etc, when looking for a long-term relationship? For eg what if only late into the relationship you find out she doesn't have perfect skin or something? Is that a deal-breaker?

Looks aren’t a big deal to me and other guys. Just be yourself. We care more about personality and the kind of person they are.
Stretch marks and scars don't even give a **** unless they are super disfiguring and even then if it was somewhere on their body couldn't initially see, the initial attraction wouldn't be impacted so I still probably wouldn't mind.
Nobody gives a **** about your minor skin imperfections unless they make you look like 2-face out of batman.
I'd like to add that there are picky guys out there who might have an issue with say - stretchmarks.
Skin imperfections are fine. - can they be helped? Not really.

Being seriously overweight, probably is an issue for me - 99% of the time it says a lot about the persons lifestyle, which won't match mine, and the same with being very underweight as well tbh. Both show you generally don't eat or exercise properly.

FYI - a girl who isnt over or underweight and considered 'slim or normal' but smokes is also less attractive for the same reason, before anyone considers me 'fat shaming; because Im not. - its about looking after yourself and your lifestyle.

But as always, the answer is - it depends on the guy as we all find different things attractive and unattractive.
(edited 5 years ago)
Stretch marks, scars etc. aren't an issue for me at all. I'm not at all attracted to girls who are overweight or underweight, though. I can totally get with girls who are a bit chubby and I dig petite, but as I said, overweight or skinny is a turn off.

Original post by ProRoadman
Looks aren’t a big deal to me and other guys.

Speak for yourself.
Reply 7
Only particularly particular guys are particular. Most guys aren't particularly particular at all.
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
Stretch marks, scars etc. aren't an issue for me at all. I'm not at all attracted to girls who are overweight or underweight, though. I can totally get with girls who are a bit chubby and I dig petite, but as I said, overweight or skinny is a turn off.

Speak for yourself.

I mean that as long as you average then looks isn’t that big of a deal.
Original post by ProRoadman
I mean that as long as you average then looks isn’t that big of a deal.

Again, speak for yourself :wink:
Again, speak for yourself :wink:

OK. Then it only applies to me. 🙂
OP here. So what do guys usually expect though. Sure you might be okay with imperfections as you find out about them. But you must have some initial expectations right?
OP here. So what do guys usually expect though. Sure you might be okay with imperfections as you find out about them. But you must have some initial expectations right?

I’m totally fine with some imperfections. No one is perfect. Just as long as you are decent enough and you are a honest and nice person then that’s enough for me. 😊

As above; although overweight isn't a deal-breaker for me providing it's proportionate.

I expect them not to be overweight, which is the first thing that matters when it comes to making an impression for most guys.

I also wanna know. Also, I hate my legs and they look super ugly. Would that put guys off?
Reply 16
I have silver fish stretch marks running down my wide ass hips to my inner thighs,.
I'm always balancing between average weight and slightly under yet I'm rather chubby and my thighs are thicccc, defo don't have no thigh gap

I could go on which would be boring but my point is i've never came across any guy or girl who's been completely put off, only the ones who want a quick shag but aren't desperate enough to be choosy 😂😂

As always some will be put off by certain things, some will not.

My boyfriend isn't although neither of us are considered to have average looks so we fit quite well and we're to be honest happy to be with someone who'd let us shag them at the time so didn't really care 😂 but we're happy

Doesn't every girl have stretch marks?
Reply 18
Original post by Legend123456
Doesn't every girl have stretch marks?

I'd be amazed if I found one who didn't, there's just no avoiding them especially around the tiddies and hips
Long term? Doesn't matter.
If the guy is looking for perfection, he's a shallow narcissist that will dump you rq.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending