The Student Room Group

I don’t know if I want to do a nursing degree

Lately I’ve been thinking about becoming a health visitor or a nurse for premature babies. I’ve been applying for access courses to child nursing. However today, there’s this weird feeling in my gut that I might be making the wrong decision. I don’t actually know if studying nursing is for me, but I really am keen on being a health visitor.

Argh, I’m not sure. Is it a good idea to study a degree you don’t particularly like, if it leads you to a career you want? How can I know whether the degree is for me or not?
Original post by Abcdefghijk123
Lately I’ve been thinking about becoming a health visitor or a nurse for premature babies. I’ve been applying for access courses to child nursing. However today, there’s this weird feeling in my gut that I might be making the wrong decision. I don’t actually know if studying nursing is for me, but I really am keen on being a health visitor.

Argh, I’m not sure. Is it a good idea to study a degree you don’t particularly like, if it leads you to a career you want? How can I know whether the degree is for me or not?

get yourself some work experience, perhaps you wont be 100% after it but it ll give you a better idea.
You need a nursing degree to do this job as you need the experience to become a health visitor.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending