Health and Social Care Level 3 National Extended Diploma

Watch
username4159428
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi,

I'm interested in studying Psychology at University and wondering whether or not I would be able to get in with a Health and Social Care Level 3 National Extended Diploma BTEC. I'm also wondering which other courses could I study?
admoore
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi, yes you can take the BTEC route, I have. I have recently completed the course and am awaiting my results. You may have less options as some universities only take A levels and good GCSE results. Universities that I researched were Liverpool hope, Nottingham Trent and University of Wales Trinity ST David and the information is good as of 2018. I imagine there may be others but entry requirements may vary. You would probably need a DDM result minimum in your BTEC and a C grade maths GCSE or equivalent. If in doubt contact the uni directly and ask the question, or have a discussion with the Health and Social Care course tutor at college. Hope this helps.
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by username4159428)
Hi,

I'm interested in studying Psychology at University and wondering whether or not I would be able to get in with a Health and Social Care Level 3 National Extended Diploma BTEC. I'm also wondering which other courses could I study?
Hi There ,

Universities will accept level 3 qualifications that hold UCAS points. To see if your qualifications hold UCAS points you can use the UCAS Tariff Points Calculator by following this link:
https://www.ucas.com/ucas/tariff-calculator

Additionally, to study Psychology here at Hope you would need a Grade C or above in Maths to meet the entry requirements.

I hope this helps but of course if you have any further questions please feel free to give me a shout.

Ruth
EmEmTheFairy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You can take the BTEC route no problem and get onto a Psychology course! However, to avoid disappointment, you should contact or visit the universities you are interested in and ask if they will accept this qualification.

Other areas or degree programmes you may want to consider include Criminology, Sociology, Social Policy, Nursing, Forensics, or Social Work. I did the BTEC Level 3 H&SC Diploma, 5 years later I am now a qualified Social Worker!
Good luck!
clouise156
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
BTEC have actually came out with a psychology course for 2018 so if your college is providing this I suggest you take this route as it will prepare you better for the degree. I've just finished my health and social care course and we only had one psychology unit which was very basic.
Heres a link about the new course: https://qualifications.pearson.com/e...sychology.html
katf
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I have a friend who did a degree in psychology after a BTEC in health and social care. It's definitely possible.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (17)
20.48%
I'm not sure (2)
2.41%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (23)
27.71%
I have already dropped out (3)
3.61%
I'm not a current university student (38)
45.78%

Watched Threads