A-level subjects for archaeology

I'm looking for good A-level subject to take for archaeology
I need to chose 3 or 4 and at the moment these are my options:
Biology
Geography
French
History
Computer Science
Which 3 or 4 do you think I should take ?
Or at their anyother subjects I should look into?
Number one, Archaelogy is an incredibly specific subject that probably as few alternatives aside from Geology, Classics or History, all of which have their own alternatives and problems in attaining employment and degrees. Are there actual jobs available for archaelogists? I say this because I don't want you in debt and out of a job half a decade from now.
Reply 2
Take the ones you think you'll like best
you definitely don't need more than 3, the would be no advantage and an unnecessary increase in workload. history biology and a language would be a strong combination but really there are no specific subject requirements for most archeology courses so you should take whatever you would enjoy most and get the best grades in.
Reply 4
Original post by aesthete1
you definitely don't need more than 3, the would be no advantage and an unnecessary increase in workload. history biology and a language would be a strong combination but really there are no specific subject requirements for most archeology courses so you should take whatever you would enjoy most and get the best grades in.

Original post by Pantera Fan Club
Number one, Archaelogy is an incredibly specific subject that probably as few alternatives aside from Geology, Classics or History, all of which have their own alternatives and problems in attaining employment and degrees. Are there actual jobs available for archaelogists? I say this because I don't want you in debt and out of a job half a decade from now.

The ones I know i can be an archaeologist,conservator,archivist or a cartographer

But I'm not 100% if I want to take archaelogy.
I'm writing my IGCSE in October and I really need to have a clear veiw of what i want to do for my A's.
I'm better at content subjects and I enjoy them
Are there any other jobs or subjects you think I should look into?
Choose the A levels that you are most confident in because then you can get the best grades.
Reply 6
Yeah I'd advise taking what you're best at-quite a few of your options have essay writing sections so you'll have that as a skill.
Also regarding Archaeology as a 'useful' degree, most of the unis at my offer holder days talked about how there are actually more archaeologists needed that being produced. Needed for projects like HS2 and the like whilst also being very multi-disciplinary and so employable. Hope that helps 😊

Quick Reply

Latest