Metalheads of TSR? Watch

Pantera Fan Club
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Calling all metalheads? Heavy metal is often considered a dead genre of 80s and 90s bands either disbanded or too deep in middle age to be considered relevant, but I would like to prove that wrong. If you are a metalhead, or even have a little enthusiasm for some tame rock n' roll, you are free to make recommendations and conversation here.
birthdefect
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Pantera Fan Club)
Calling all metalheads? Heavy metal is often considered a dead genre of 80s and 90s bands either disbanded or too deep in middle age to be considered relevant, but I would like to prove that wrong. If you are a metalhead, or even have a little enthusiasm for some tame rock n' roll, you are free to make recommendations and conversation here.
Yoooo🙋
Started to branch out a bit more in recent years but religiously lived to rock/metal from 12-16/17.
Nu-metal will always have a special place in my heart though. Even have a tattoo of Papa Roach’s old band logo on my wrist because of the impact they’ve had on me
Pantera Fan Club
Rep:
?
(Original post by birthdefect)
Yoooo🙋
Started to branch out a bit more in recent years but religiously lived to rock/metal from 12-16/17.
Nu-metal will always have a special place in my heart though. Even have a tattoo of Papa Roach’s old band logo on my wrist because of the impact they’ve had on me
I only warmed up to metal this time last year but it was definitely worth getting heavier than Guns N' Roses. It all began with Paradise City, and then Welcome to the Jungle, and then Skid Row, and then the god that is Pantera.
birthdefect
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I only warmed up to metal this time last year but it was definitely worth getting heavier than Guns N' Roses. It all began with Paradise City, and then Welcome to the Jungle, and then Skid Row, and then the god that is Pantera.
Some of my favourite artists include Papa Roach (of course), Marilyn Manson, Slipknot, Avenged Sevenfold, Linkin Park and recently getting more into the older stuff such as Metallica, Guns n Roses and Led Zeppelin
Pantera Fan Club
Rep:
?
(Original post by birthdefect)
Some of my favourite artists include Papa Roach (of course), Marilyn Manson, Slipknot, Avenged Sevenfold, Linkin Park and recently getting more into the older stuff such as Metallica, Guns n Roses and Led Zeppelin
Metallica cannot be overrated. Master of Puppets is historic and a must for anyone interested in Metallica, but don't ignore their more recent work. St Anger was largely written off as not true Metallica, but the following Death Magnetic and Hardwired to Self Destruct definitely picked back up again.
username4094562
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
All I listen to is heavy metal. A good Metallica song is a nice way to start the day. (also love Pantera too).
THS2018
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Battle Beast or even Halestorm!
Stiff Little Fingers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Try the rock and metal soc over in the music subforum: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4805154
Pantera Fan Club
Rep:
?
(Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
Try the rock and metal soc over in the music subforum: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4805154
Alarum! The true awakening has begun!
X_exceed
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't see Iron Maiden mentioned
Pantera Fan Club
Rep:
?
(Original post by X_exceed)
I don't see Iron Maiden mentioned
With all due respect to Iron Maiden, I explored some of their most recent albums and definitely enjoyed the most popular ones, such as 'The Trooper', but I find that it's easier to listen to in short bursts than as one continuous, hour long album. My ears aren't yet toned for Bruce Dickinson's vocals.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I can't stand Maiden and I'm a dyed-in-the-wool metal fan of nearing 25 years. :laugh:
hexx_demon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
cosmic blackened death metal

Medrat
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I love this genre although I'm not very adventurous with it. I started with the reasonably 'heavy' but still 'poppy' '80s stuff and have gone back in time rather than forward. Have just listened to Status Quo - PIctures of Matchstick Men and Hawkwind - Silver Machine (love Lemmy's vocals), and Diamonds and Rust cover by Judas Priest is possibly one of my all-time favourite songs.
hexx_demon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Haiduk - blackened death metal

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (110)
17.74%
It's just nice to be back! (167)
26.94%
Not great so far... (224)
36.13%
I want to drop out! (119)
19.19%

Watched Threads