The Student Room Group

Struggling a lot w/ structure & language techniques.

I can't seem to find techniques very well (for PETER paragraphs). It's always a struggle and I always end up having to search it up/ask someone else.

I really can't be bothered with that all the time, so how can I improve on it?

(It's not that I don't know the techniques. I do.)
Original post by DimmedDarkness
I can't seem to find techniques very well (for PETER paragraphs). It's always a struggle and I always end up having to search it up/ask someone else.

I really can't be bothered with that all the time, so how can I improve on it?

(It's not that I don't know the techniques. I do.)

What is it exactly you're struggling with?

What kind of feedback are you getting from your teacher?
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
What is it exactly you're struggling with?

What kind of feedback are you getting from your teacher?

(To answer your first question, I struggle with explaining and finding techniques.)

As for feedback, not much. When I read over my paragraphs, I think that it's more describing my quotes/technique that I struggle with.

Finding techniques still ends up taking up a lot of my time, so do you think you could suggest anything (on how to improve on the two skills I mentioned)?
(edited 5 years ago)
Here’s what I did for my end of year:
- made a list of ‘zoom’ analysis points that often came up in class & read over it to make sure i understood how they worked and what it all meant
- sorted which ones were focused on language and which on structure (e.g complex sentences would go structure and alliteration language but i’m sure you know that)
- made sure that whenever I did write an essay for eng lang i included not just zoom points but also in general similarities and differences (e.g time period, intended audience, format of speech) which apparently exam boards like
- found random articles online / past papers and just went through them annotating so I could ensure I knew how to analyse them

Hope that helps x
Original post by sjbelkin
Here’s what I did for my end of year:
- made a list of ‘zoom’ analysis points that often came up in class & read over it to make sure i understood how they worked and what it all meant
Hope that helps x

Cheers! I think it might work for me. Thanks for the help!
Reply 5
The answer to this is WATCH MR BRUFF ON YOU TUBE.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending