The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

MSc in Children and Young People's Mental Health and Psychological Practice - 2018

Hi! I applied for the course couple of days ago and thought I would try to find anyone who has applied and already got an offer or is still waiting to get one.

I have not heard from the school yet but it's been just a few days so I am not too worried. If there is someone who already got an offer, how long did it take them to give you one?

Anyone from previous years willing to share their experience with the programme?

Thanks!
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Hi! I have an offer for this course and waited around 2 weeks. If you meet the entry requirements you will get in though as there is no cap on student numbers. I met some current students during a selection day for a different postgrad course and they were very positive about the course and staff. 😊
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Cgos
Hi! I have an offer for this course and waited around 2 weeks. If you meet the entry requirements you will get in though as there is no cap on student numbers. I met some current students during a selection day for a different postgrad course and they were very positive about the course and staff. 😊

Hi! Thank you for your response! If you don’t mind me asking, when did you apply? I sent my application out few days before the deadline but haven’t heard from them yet. I feel that my experience might not be enough, but I still hope for the best. And congratulations on your offer :smile:!
Reply 4
Oh I applied back in November 2017 so it was probably a lot less busy than is now, so I wouldn't worry 😊 I'm sure you'll be fine .
Reply 5
Original post by Cgos
Oh I applied back in November 2017 so it was probably a lot less busy than is now, so I wouldn't worry 😊 I'm sure you'll be fine .

Thank you! You are probably right. They have loads of applications to deal with at the moment. Waiting makes me freak out easily 😬. Anyway, hope to see you on the 1st of September 😊.
Reply 6
Could I ask what experience people had with children when they applied. I have 8 years teaching ESL to children in Brazil, including those with mental health issues such as anxiety and ADHD. I was wondering if this would be sufficient?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending