The Student Room Group

Girlfriend getting a close to a 'guy friend' who likes her

Hey,

Don't want to sound like a insecure idiot but I'm in need of some advice, my girlfriend is going all the way to Nottingham to meet someone to settle something (really dangerous situation) and she would rather have her guy mate who's always texting her how beautiful she is and all that rather then me. What's your opinion?
Reply 1
If she's being shady with the details about this 'guy friend' then you should proceed with caution. Who is this friend and where did she meet him?

She's going to Nottingham with this mystery friend to settle 'something'. The fact that she hasn't given you the full details about the encounter indicates she could be hiding something.

Now comes the point where you need to push her and find out what's so important about going to Nottingham and if it is indeed a dangerous situation, why she needs to go. She has to tell you the full story, if she doesn't then you know she's up to something.

Red flags everywhere.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Hey,

Don't want to sound like a insecure idiot but I'm in need of some advice, my girlfriend is going all the way to Nottingham to meet someone to settle something (really dangerous situation) and she would rather have her guy mate who's always texting her how beautiful she is and all that rather then me. What's your opinion?

My BFF is a guy, who is 6ft 2, and rather muscular. Considering the kind of guys I normally go for I'd want him there in a dangerous situation instead of my bf. Just because he is more intimidating.

She could also be thinking of your safety, she doesn't take you along so there is no way you can get hurt. Just talk to her about it, it's best.
Original post by Bham369
My BFF is a guy, who is 6ft 2, and rather muscular. Considering the kind of guys I normally go for I'd want him there in a dangerous situation instead of my bf. Just because he is more intimidating.

She could also be thinking of your safety, she doesn't take you along so there is no way you can get hurt. Just talk to her about it, it's best.

Don't you think that hurts your boyfriend's feelings? Also, what the heck can't you protect yourself?
The key here is communication. Ask her about the situation and ask not why she chose him over you to go with her (that sounds a little clingy) but ask why she thinks it's suitable to take him.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Don't you think that hurts your boyfriend's feelings? Also, what the heck can't you protect yourself?

If I had a bf he would need to accept that my BFF is my BFF and that is not going to change and he has no right to tell me who I can be friends with. If I was in a dangerous situation I would explain why I am taking my BFF and not him.

Of course I am perfectly able to protect myself but I'd take him as a just in case, if something happened to me I'd know that there was someone there to call an ambulance of my family...

Quick Reply