babypaigiex
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I feel so ugly. I’m up until 5 o’clock in the morning obsessing over how I look. I take hundreds of pictures of myself & stare at them for so long I become fixated. It’s taking over my life & I can barely leave the house anymore. I barely even buy clothes or makeup anymore because I’ve accepted the fact they won’t make a difference to how ugly I look. I’m too scared to date anybody because I’m afraid I’ll be rejected. Even when I’m plastered in makeup I only feel good about myself for a few minutes. I’m only 17 & I’ve already begun thinking about rhinoplasty, jaw surgery & lip injections. I’ve had so many handsome guys want to take me out but I always feel like I will never be good enough.
moonlight98
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I was like this but not to the extent of thinking about surgery.

Delete social media and detox your brain. Appreciate your existence rather than occupying a space to look good because even after modifying your face you still might not be satisfied internally. Hopefully you should feel better after a few months.
Volkerbund1933
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Accept youself and love it. Dont lower your prestige by submitting to peer pressure and the desire to be more 'beautiful'. Being beautiful is subjective, and don't let those around you toy around with yourself. There is no need fo fixate so much on your body when so many better things can be accomplished otherwise
DEͥSTͣIͫNY
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by babypaigiex)
I feel so ugly. I’m up until 5 o’clock in the morning obsessing over how I look. I take hundreds of pictures of myself & stare at them for so long I become fixated. It’s taking over my life & I can barely leave the house anymore. I barely even buy clothes or makeup anymore because I’ve accepted the fact they won’t make a difference to how ugly I look. I’m too scared to date anybody because I’m afraid I’ll be rejected. Even when I’m plastered in makeup I only feel good about myself for a few minutes. I’m only 17 & I’ve already begun thinking about rhinoplasty, jaw surgery & lip injections. I’ve had so many handsome guys want to take me out but I always feel like I will never be good enough.
If guys want to take you out, that means you aren't ugly.
Think about how much time you are wasting behind all of this. You could have used this time for other things, but are only depressing yourself about something that doesn't exist.
Pantera Fan Club
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
D E L E T E T H E S O C I A L M E D I A NOW ! Relationships can wait, right now, you've got a mental problem and you need to fix your brain before you do go ahead and blow thousands on pointless cosmetic products and surgeries.
username3535256
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ok, you need to book a doctors appointment about this. Seriously, this appears to be taking over your life, and mental health is a valid reason for doing so. The doctor will probably refer you to a counsellor, which I would have thought is what you need (although I am not a qualified health professional, so don’t take my word for it!). I would strongly encourage you not to make permanent alterations to yourself, as it may go wrong, and even if not, you probably won’t be satisfied afterwards anyway, because I think this is an issue that needs to be tackled from the inside, of you see what I mean.

Aside from that, try to talk with friends about this if you can, so that you can allow them to support you - you need all the support you can get. Exercising is a really good way of improving mental health, especially if it’s outdoors (doesn’t have to strenuous - it could just a walk in the park/woods/hills with a friend or a dog. In general, try to really look after your health, ie establish a regular sleeping and eating pattern (and sleep enough), and exercise ofc., although I realise this is proving difficult at present, which I understand.

Also, as other posters have mentioned, it would be a good idea to abstain from social media, or even delete it altogether, and maybe have a fresh start at a later point in time.

Sorry you’re going through all this atm, and I really hope you feel better soon. X
Little Popcorns
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by babypaigiex)
I hate that school does this to kids/young people...
Growing up is really difficult you end up feeling like nothing is right and everything is wrong with you.

You need to think about the future and think about what the lack of sleep is going to do to your health and school/work/uni results. If lots of guys have liked you the likelihood is you aren’t unattractive but even if you’re really ugly... most ugly people have partners! There’s someone out there for everyone don’t worry! Don’t waste your time, we should all do our best to look the best but we have to draw a line. And just get on with our lives! :hugs:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (707)
33.94%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (890)
42.73%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.87%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.46%

Watched Threads