The Student Room Group

LSE Economics A vs Economics B

The LSE website says that these are options for first years studying economics; one for those who took A-Level Econ and one for those who hadn't. I don't take A-Level Economics.

What difference will this cause in future? Will we end up studying the same stuff over the next years, or will the Economics B students who have had a strong foundation in economics be taught more things?
If not, will employers give preference to Economics B students?

Thanks
Bump
Original post by Guava Juice
The LSE website says that these are options for first years studying economics; one for those who took A-Level Econ and one for those who hadn't. I don't take A-Level Economics.

What difference will this cause in future? Will we end up studying the same stuff over the next years, or will the Economics B students who have had a strong foundation in economics be taught more things?
If not, will employers give preference to Economics B students?

Thanks

I don’t think it is that deep, they will just catch up the people that haven’t previously done economics. I was told at the offer holder day it’s more about the way they teach the module and not the actual content in it. For the people who haven’t previously studied it they may for example take a little longer just going over basics.

Quick Reply

Latest