chip21
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi,
Even though I am an international student who has been studying English throughout my schooling, will I still need to write the IELTS?
Charlotte's Web
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by chip21)
Hi,
Even though I am an international student who has been studying English throughout my schooling, will I still need to write the IELTS?
It's very likely you will need to. If you check the university's entry requirements online it should state whether or not it is needed. Generally it is required of all international applicants as it is important to have a standardised test, regardless of what you have studied.
chieula2301
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by chip21)
Hi,
Still need to do it when your IELTS expires. I’m an international student as well.
Shish_bish
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by chieula2301)
Still need to do it when your IELTS expires. I’m an international student as well.
Am an international student as well and been studying English my whole life. I am doing my Ielts test on 7th this month.
How was yours, just need an insight please.
chieula2301
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Shish_bish)
Am an international student as well and been studying English my whole life. I am doing my Ielts test on 7th this month.
How was yours, just need an insight please.
I did mine last year but I’m taking it again at some point in August to apply for UCAS.
Shish_bish
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I did mine last year but I’m taking it again at some point in August to apply for UCAS.
Is it easy?
chieula2301
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Is it easy?
It depends, I was quite well prepared with listening and speaking, got 7.5 overall (which at that time I was only hoping for 6.5 or 7)
Shish_bish
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It depends, I was quite well prepared with listening and speaking, got 7.5 overall (which at that time I was only hoping for 6.5 or 7)
Thank 4 the heads up , I don’t think am even that prepared.
Thanks tho.
Any helpful websites you recommend
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thanks tho.
I got a 7.5 with no preparation, but grew up in the united states and of course had my whole education in english, some universities do exempt certain countries from submitting IELTS this needs to be checked on a per uni basis, but if you can get the result of 7.5 or above you can have basically absolute piece of mind. Its an easy test honestly.
Shish_bish
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Realitysreflexx)
I got a 7.5 with no preparation, but grew up in the united states and of course had my whole education in english, some universities do exempt certain countries from submitting IELTS this needs to be checked on a per uni basis, but if you can get the result of 7.5 or above you can have basically absolute piece of mind. Its an easy test honestly.
Been studying my whole life in English but in Africa, just moved to uk in my alevels but can’t do GCSE English so was told to do Ielts for ucas, applying in October. Doing my test at Reading uni.

Thanks a lot tho
chieula2301
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thanks tho.
If you have been learning english since you were young that’ll be a good advantage, i didnt revise my test through any website really, just went through what I had been told by my tutor.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (77)
18.03%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (123)
28.81%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (160)
37.47%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (54)
12.65%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.04%

Watched Threads