The Student Room Group

Am I doing enough?

Hi!

I'm currently in Y12, studying Psych, French, and Spanish. I'm a competitive Irish dancer and have competed at the world championships where I placed 7th and 16th. I speak French fluently and have tutored younger students during my school time, and I improved one student's performance by 2 whole grades. I also run a psychology blog, although I haven't used it as much as I would've liked. Last summer, I traveled to Morocco and volunteered for a week with young people with learning difficulties, especially Down's syndrome. I've also volunteered at a local youth club and have worked in a café, although these are less relevant.
My dream is to study at NYU, and my predicted grades are AAB, but I could probably achieve A*AB.

- What else can I be doing? What would make my application stand out more? Are my predicted grades good enough?
Original post by TaliaQ
Hi!

I'm currently in Y12, studying Psych, French, and Spanish. I'm a competitive Irish dancer and have competed at the world championships where I placed 7th and 16th. I speak French fluently and have tutored younger students during my school time, and I improved one student's performance by 2 whole grades. I also run a psychology blog, although I haven't used it as much as I would've liked. Last summer, I traveled to Morocco and volunteered for a week with young people with learning difficulties, especially Down's syndrome. I've also volunteered at a local youth club and have worked in a café, although these are less relevant.
My dream is to study at NYU, and my predicted grades are AAB, but I could probably achieve A*AB.

- What else can I be doing? What would make my application stand out more? Are my predicted grades good enough?

contact nyu and ask what they look for in applicants.

Quick Reply

Latest