The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by itsyahg
So i just had my first surgery today, i had 3 wisdom teeth removed. I’ve told my boyfriend many times yesterday and last week about the day and time of the surgery. He went to bed at 4 last night, he was just talking to his sister that’s it. because of this he didn’t wake up before my surgery to even say good luck??? he didn’t even ask me any questions about my surgery when i was telling about it to him yesterday. he didn’t even wish me luck yestserday. Then after my surgery he just said “good morning, let me know when you get back home”. that’s it. he didn’t ask how i am. he didn’t apologise for not saying good luck??? i don’t know what to do or say to him. this is quite a big deal to me and as a boyfriend he should wish me luck.

That's not very nice of him, your right to feel annoyed with him. He should have wished you luck in the very leafs
if you find that he's uncaring about other things and this starts to be problematic in your relationship, then it is a major issue and should be addressed.

but even this, if it is important to you, should be addressed with him - other people on here may or may not see it as a problem because we all have different things which bother us. communicate your feelings and tell him that you're upset because this surgery was something really daunting for you, but you felt unsupported and felt like he didn't care. i hope you're feeling better now. :smile:
Original post by itsyahg
i think he should have said sorry for not saying good luck but he doesn’t understand

He should apologise for not doing something which he didn't think he should have done? Seems ridiculous.
Don't know why you're hanging on to something so small and petty.

How long have you been dating?
Reply 23
Original post by ShantelleLuis
you said it was 3 teeth?

it was three removed and two cut so five in total
Reply 24
Original post by Luke5125
That's not very nice of him, your right to feel annoyed with him. He should have wished you luck in the very leafs

thanks, i even received calls from uncles and aunties. it’s something to know that he’s thinking about me and cares about me.
Reply 25
Original post by ashaxo99
if you find that he's uncaring about other things and this starts to be problematic in your relationship, then it is a major issue and should be addressed.

but even this, if it is important to you, should be addressed with him - other people on here may or may not see it as a problem because we all have different things which bother us. communicate your feelings and tell him that you're upset because this surgery was something really daunting for you, but you felt unsupported and felt like he didn't care. i hope you're feeling better now. :smile:

yeah i do feel like that sometimes. like he started an argument with me the day before one of my important exams. he knew how stressed i was and how much i had left to do. we just ended up arguing the whole day.
thank you. i did tell him i was upset but he hasn’t taken it that well. i feel a bit better and the pain hasn’t started yet, i’m a bit confused.
Reply 26
Original post by AzureCeleste
He should apologise for not doing something which he didn't think he should have done? Seems ridiculous.
Don't know why you're hanging on to something so small and petty.

How long have you been dating?

he said he was gonna say it but he fell asleep. so it’s not like he doesn’t think he should have said it. he just did apologise for not saying it as i was expecting a text from him before my surgery. i just don’t like how angry and rude he got with me after i told him i was upset.

we’ve been dating for 10 months
I thought by surgery you were getting a tumour removed or something
Original post by itsyahg
he said he was gonna say it but he fell asleep. so it’s not like he doesn’t think he should have said it. he just did apologise for not saying it as i was expecting a text from him before my surgery. i just don’t like how angry and rude he got with me after i told him i was upset.

we’ve been dating for 10 months

end it - its over
Original post by itsyahg
So i just had my first surgery today, i had 3 wisdom teeth removed. I’ve told my boyfriend many times yesterday and last week about the day and time of the surgery. He went to bed at 4 last night, he was just talking to his sister that’s it. because of this he didn’t wake up before my surgery to even say good luck??? he didn’t even ask me any questions about my surgery when i was telling about it to him yesterday. he didn’t even wish me luck yestserday. Then after my surgery he just said “good morning, let me know when you get back home”. that’s it. he didn’t ask how i am. he didn’t apologise for not saying good luck??? i don’t know what to do or say to him. this is quite a big deal to me and as a boyfriend he should wish me luck.

wow life threatening surgery you had, I mean there is only 10% survival rate for getting your wisdom teeth removed. He is a piece of **** so dump him immediately.
Try chill out a little, it’s not a massive deal
Good luck for what? Probably got sick of you mentioning it because it's such a minor dental procedure. You sound needy as f*ck.
Reply 32
I swear that's the tooth fairy's job
Original post by itsyahg
actually 5 in total. you don’t need to swear.

hope it all goes well. good luck baby. can i be your boyfriend now? sweet dreams xxx
Chill out it's just having some teeth removed everyone has it done. I had teeth removed when I was about 12 years old.
Has anyone ever died from a tooth removal?
shows what type of guy he is. from now on never wish him good luck whenever he really needs it
bludcart dont lie you wanted him to eat you out during ur surgery, ya dirty bowcat
Reply 38
When I was about 8 I had 6 teeth removed and was at school the next day. This sort of thing is no big deal so don't let it bother you.

Also had 4 teeth out another time as well and it was the same story.

Most people don't wish someone luck on this kind of thing that doesn't need it.
(edited 5 years ago)
Wouldn't change outcome lol

Latest

Trending

Trending