Accommodation advice and questions about these halls Watch

Makavel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey,
So I've recently (Pretty late to be honest) applied and got accepted into Leeds Beckett and although I only live 30 minutes away on the train I want to move out. I've been to uni before (Up in Newcastle) but had to drop out cause of health and been honest knowing how lousy it was to live in crap halls I don't really want to endure another year of that again.
Kirkstall Brewary is one
Sugarwell Court
Woodhouse Flats
I've looked at the reviews and they all say these are pretty lousy and not the closest to university. These are the only options that I have.
Really, what I'm asking is, can I look anywhere else for decent accommodation? Views on them specific accommodations and if they're not that bad?
In general some good advice about Leeds Beckett and what it's like can't be too bad if you want to throw that in. I also know there is the option to find someone who has a space on their tenancy.

Thanks a lot.
TSR_Ollie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

Why do I do this?

The Universities forums get a lot of questions that are unanswered. This is often because the OP's thread got missed - bumping threads gives them another lease of life and frequently results in someone seeing it and being able to respond

If you would like to help with unanswered questions check out the first part of the list here and don't forget the second part of the list here.

Or if you have questions, get in touch with Puddles the Monkey.
Makavel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
No worries It's fine, I'm finding out through other sources either way.
Thank you!
iElvendork
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Look into IQ Leeds - I don't know how much they have left though
LaurenS99
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’m at kirkstall brewery and while it’s not the best halls we do have lots of things to do and places to go. We have the onsite bar which hosts event nights which are always a good laugh and it’s only a 20 minute walk to Headingley Campus while having Morrison’s and a shopping park nearby. The train station is at the top of the hill but that’s the cheapest (and quickest) way to go into the city centre. Taxis are about £5-£10 into city centre and buses are £4.30 for a day rider which is cheaper than a return.
LaurenS99
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’m at kirkstall brewery and while it’s not the best halls in terms of having fancy kitchens or whatever we do have lots of things to do and places to go. We have the onsite bar which hosts event nights throughout the year which are always a good laugh and it’s only a 20 minute walk to Headingley Campus while having Morrison’s and a shopping park nearby. The train station is at the top of the hill but that’s the cheapest (and quickest) way to go into the city centre. Taxis are about £5-£10 into city centre and buses are £4.30 for a day rider which is cheaper than a return. There’s loads of people asking for people to take over house tenancies in Headingley and around which will all be closer to the uni. Or some house agencies in Leeds have houses which they fill with individual people who want a house but have nobody to go with - including first years. I’ve just finished my first year and really enjoyed it. Most my tutors were helpful.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (274)
61.02%
Yes- I don't like it (22)
4.9%
No- I want it (120)
26.73%
No- I don't want it (33)
7.35%

Watched Threads