The Student Room Group

World is too cruel

As I sleep peacefully in my bed, I know that there are a lot of horrible things happening in the world. We haven't even resolved issues of crimes against humans and it's extremely painful to even think about animal cruelty.

I mean just imagine a puppy. If you have ever stared in its eye, you can see the innocence and trust. All that it needs is a bit of love and it will be ready to give up its life for you.

But you just know that there is puppy in some corner of the world laying hopelessly in pain just because it is unfortunate enough to be born in a world full of wicked humans. I just can't imagine how people can proceed to do horrible things to a puppy after looking into its eyes.

I try not to think about these things but they continue to haunt me. Unfortunately the world is too big and I will never be able to do anything about it even if I devote my life to it. My life is just hopeless. I can't help but sit in my bed and cry. I hate being alive and I hate being a human.
To quote a certain character from Rick and Morty, don’t think about it.
Humans endure the worst suffering of all because they can understand the suffering yet they can do nothing about it
I can relate to what your saying. There's no doubt we're the wickedest species ever to have roamed this plant.

The way I look at it is 'how can I make the most of this life'. Wanting to love and heal everyone will only lead to disappointment which is why so many people who start out from a position of love, get fed up and become hateful.

I also accept the smallness of being human - not God. So I'll try and do a bit, as much as I can manage myself. If I aim at the world I'll fail and help no one.

And I can't do that without trying to love myself. That bit I really struggle with but I'll keep struggling.

I'd say keep thinking about it but focus on what you can do.
yeah best you don't think about it. the worlds a big place and sh it goes down everywhere. always has done and always will do. no amount of effort is going to be enough to save the entire world from suffering. so best thing you can do is help those you can, pray that other people in other areas will help those they can and just don't think about the rest. 'this too shall pass' meaning even those suffering the worst will eventually find some peace. either life will get better or they will pass away and never suffer in heaven. just focus on you and the people you can help
there are many many bad things that are happening, but also many many good things. I remember reading a story today about 13 kids stuck in a cave for 9 days in thailand being rescued.
I can totally relate. Humans are horrible. All of what you said is true, it’s just others choose to not face the reality, as they can not do much about it, life sucks.

Quick Reply

Latest