The Student Room Group

I Have My Practical Test On Thursday And I'm Sure I'll fail

So tonight I had my last full driving lesson before my test. I have one hour of practice with my instructor on the day as well. safe to say I completely fluffed my driving up in terms of parking: I just cant do reverse bay parks if the angle isnt a 45 degree one. I tried 8 time to get into a bay and failed. I did a parallel park which I was too wide on. I didnt check enough on my reversing back on the right hand side of the road. I thought I would absolutely SMASH my lesson tonight - I was confident. Now I feel dejected and depressed and convinced I'm going to fail on Thursday.
Original post by Avarti
So tonight I had my last full driving lesson before my test. I have one hour of practice with my instructor on the day as well. safe to say I completely fluffed my driving up in terms of parking: I just cant do reverse bay parks if the angle isnt a 45 degree one. I tried 8 time to get into a bay and failed. I did a parallel park which I was too wide on. I didnt check enough on my reversing back on the right hand side of the road. I thought I would absolutely SMASH my lesson tonight - I was confident. Now I feel dejected and depressed and convinced I'm going to fail on Thursday.

If you go in with that mindset then you probably will. Be positive and optimistic. You obviously know a lot otherwise you wouldn't be about to do your test. Focus on what you do know and the skills you have and use them as best you can during your test. Good luck.
Reply 2
Original post by Avarti

Let us know how it goes. It could have just been the nerves.
I passed :biggrin:
Original post by Avarti

Well done! :smile: I've got my driving test tomorrow. Any tips?
Just relax and dont be hesistant - you'll be fine :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Avarti

Yay! Told you it was just nerves x
I have my test next Tuesday.. I am becoming so nervous. I've had 2 years of driving experience, lessons and in personal cars but I feel that there are some things that I still don't have answers to. My instructor has told me several times that he has no doubt that I will pass, and even with some little mistakes that I have had on lessons, he said that they are things that haven't changed his mind. But I've been reading some tips of what to do on your test, for example the handbreak usage. Some people say that you must use it every time you stop, some people say that you should only use it after 5 seconds of waiting. So say I was pulling out of the test centre, there is a roundabout immediately at the entrance/exit of the test centre, and I had a car coming from my right turning left into the centre, obviously I know that I have to wait for him to start his maneuvour before I can pull off but during that wait, do I apply the handbreak, or can I use clutch and break control...?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending