The Student Room Group

Is it possible to sabotage someone’s university place?

I’m sorry if this sounds ridiculous, but I’ve suddenly gone on a paranoid spiral. I hold a place at a lovely university and I am super excited to go there. However, there was this girl at my sixth form who was really horrible to me and went out of her way to ruin my final year. It was her mission to make no one like me, even teachers, and I worked as hard as I possibly could in order to get away from that place and be happier.

She might have narcissistic personality disorder, she said so she might even be a sociopath according to her doctor (though she does tell a lot of lies for attention) and I’m worried that she will miss not being able to feel like she has power over me and try and sabotage my uni place.

I saw a video of a guy on YouTube who had his uni place sabotaged as someone emailed them incriminating him about something he said on YouTube. This girl made up a lot of lies about me and I’m worried she will lie and say I’m a bully to my university and then I will lose my place.

Is it possible for me to lose my place because I could be lied about?

P.S I have OCD and therefore tend to obsess about things, though I don't think it would be out of the question for this girl to do something like that if she really wanted. Thank you!!
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Volibear
Does she know where your firm is?

Yes she does! :frown:
Original post by Volibear
I highly doubt she'll be able to. Anyway, if she did try anything, the university would contact you. They wouldn't recall their offer without you knowing. You can call her out on her BS.

Okay, that makes me feel a bit better, thank you! She tried to twist things and I could never talk to her about anything as she would make up a big lie about it.

Hopefully that won't happen, but my mind just ran away with me for a bit, she evokes that kind of response in me for some reason!! Thank you again :smile:
I'd imagine if your firm was really to believe this girl's story about you, they'd most likely get in contact with your UCAS application reference from Sixth Form/College to confirm. If you've been kind then you have nothing to worry about :h:

But saying that I highly doubt your firm Uni would take two looks at her allegation and take it seriously. In the nicest way, she's a nobody to academia, if it were your reference then obviously they'd take it seriously as they actually hold to influence and weight to their opinion.
Original post by CTLeafez
I'd imagine if your firm was really to believe this girl's story about you, they'd most likely get in contact with your UCAS application reference from Sixth Form/College to confirm. If you've been kind then you have nothing to worry about :h:

But saying that I highly doubt your firm Uni would take two looks at her allegation and take it seriously. In the nicest way, she's a nobody to academia, if it were your reference then obviously they'd take it seriously as they actually hold to influence and weight to their opinion.

That's such a relief!! It is not in my reference, it was a horrible situation that I think was a misunderstanding, and I have great bonds with all my teachers. The only thing I was worried about was that the person that had to mediate us was our head of year who deals with our applications, and therefore that was what scared me throughout the year as she tried to demonise me in front of him. It was very scary but he knows me well enough to know it wasn't how she explained, yet I'm still a bit scared.

My reference is very good, and I have been kind, just not in her eyes!! Thank you so so much :smile:
Original post by wallflowerannie

You need to worry about getting your own thought processes in the right place, because at the moment you don't sound healthy enough to go off to university yourself. Ignore her, she can't do anything to you except if you let your ideas about her overwhelm you. Sort out your own problems and she will go away as an issue to be concerned about.
Original post by threeportdrift
You need to worry about getting your own thought processes in the right place, because at the moment you don't sound healthy enough to go off to university yourself. Ignore her, she can't do anything to you except if you let your ideas about her overwhelm you. Sort out your own problems and she will go away as an issue to be concerned about.

Thank you, it's very true what you said and my parents and I are taking my mental health into account a lot. I think once I've got my grades I'm going to see how I'm feeling, and if I still don't seem up to it I might defer the year. We've discussed it many times! You're right, I think that's what I really needed to hear. Thank you again :smile: I really really appreciate it!!
Reply 7
Sabotage?!

This ain't clash of clans
Original post by as125
Sabotage?!

This ain't clash of clans

Noooo I know!!:colondollar: I just mean 'take it away' - sorry it's my anxiety talking!! Hahaha
Reply 9
Original post by wallflowerannie
Noooo I know!!:colondollar: I just mean 'take it away' - sorry it's my anxiety talking!! Hahaha

dw ik

I'm only kidding 😅

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending