The Student Room Group

Staying over platonically at a guy's place

Right so this is probably really trivial and stupid but I'm overthinking and would like to hear other people's opinions on it.

I'm a uni student and I am having to return back to my hometown soon over the summer like many other students - because my flat tenancy runs out and I have no other place to stay for 2 months.

I have been invited to an event in my uni city, which is 3 hours away from home (where I will be at the time), so I have to get train across and find somewhere to crash overnight to make this event on time. I was just talking to a guy at my work about the event, saying I may be staying at my friends place etc and just generally chatting about it...He offered for me to stay at his place in case I needed to for whatever reason - which I really appreciate and I think is very kind. I can't tell if he is simply being nice to me or whether he is hinting that he likes me as more than a friend? Is it possible that a guy would offer for a girl come over platonically?

I actually really like him and we are good friends at work, we have each other on social media etc. I just don't want to flatter myself or mess anything up, because I might actually have to take him up on his offer as my friend is being a bit unresponsive.

sorry if this is dumb, and thanks in advance :smile:
If he's a genuinely nice person and you're good friends then I would just assume he invited you platonically, unless he gives you a proper reason to think otherwise. It's better to play it safe rather than go all in and look like a tit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending