Education/Career Advise- Neuro/Brain Imaging

Watch
Aiviloblue
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am currently a Psychology Undergraduate and have been contemplating future careers for myself. I have decided that I am more of a practical worker and like to challenge myself. I have recently been regretting studying psychology as I have always been great at computer science. Instead of being negative, I have been trying to find a compromise. I disregarded Cyber-psychology as career wise, I am not sure how employable I may be, especially after the debt I would be in after a PhD.

I have now decided I would love to be trained in Neuroimaging equipment, such as MRI,EEG,EMG etc. and learn to analyse findings. I was wondering what lengths I'd need to go. I was thinking of doing a masters in neuroimaging and neuroscience. Would this be enough? What are the career prospects? Is this a low demand job? I would like to work for the NHS, would I necessarily need a PhD? PhD's are research based and I don't see how effective it would be to this career? I may consider clinical psychology but that would be a lot later in life.

Is there a process to be officially recognised as a Neuroimager? Is there a specific title (Neuroimager doesn't sound right) for people trained in such a field, that may help searching for jobs easier?

Any advise and thoughts would be great, thanks.
davidrhysjones
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You could consider a degree in Neurophysiology or Nuclear Medicine. Swansea Universiy offers both of these and the tuition fees are paid by the NHS
Last edited by davidrhysjones; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (84)
26.01%
England (109)
33.75%
Belgium (27)
8.36%
Germany (38)
11.76%
Spain (6)
1.86%