Master_Disaster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,

I'm 23 y.o. and I'm graduating from university in one of the EU countries this year - BA in humanities, I will probably obtain the 1st.

In spite of three years of being committed, dean's scholarship for best students, etc., I'm completely disappointed with the subject itself and I can't see any relevant career path in my country.

RN I am thinking about continuing my education in the UK (postgrad. in England/Scotland or undergrad. in Scotland, because of fees).

Ethical hacking and programming have been my hobby for quite a while now. For this reason, I'm considering pursuing a degree in Computing or Cyber Security.

I do not have any relevant background in Maths (nothing like Higher Maths in high school, only humanities, art and languages), which is usually required. But I liked Maths back at school and I'm more than willing to learn.
The truth is, I simply wanted to do something completely different when I was 17.

I really need your advice!

My options are:
1) Gap year/Trying my luck with Clearing -->
Computing/Ethical Hacking BSc without Maths (for instance, Abertay)

2) Gap year:
Re-taking my high school exams after 4 years (lol) = achieving an equivalent of Advanced Higher Maths -->
BSc.

3) Conversion Masters (for instance, in Glasgow)
- I'm officially receiving my BA diploma in September - in this case, a gap year is more than probable.

4) Stick to my subject, stay in Academia, stop panicking...

If gap year: Any suggestions on spending it productively?

* Sorry for language mistakes!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (160)
15.55%
Uncertainty around my education (167)
16.23%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (98)
9.52%
Isolating with family (71)
6.9%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (38)
3.69%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (90)
8.75%
Loneliness (102)
9.91%
Financial worries (46)
4.47%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (94)
9.14%
Exposure to negative news/social media (73)
7.09%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (90)
8.75%

Watched Threads