Do you think you could pass GCSE english language without revision?

Watch
XOTourLife
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
DISCLAIMER: im not thinking of doing this or anything but the exam papers look easy. Just want opinions.
Swann_01
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Honestly I did very little revision for my final English Language exams. I haven’t got the results yet (obviously) but I did the same for my last mock and got an 8 so I personally think as long as you have the correct technique you should be fine!
Charlie133
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I did English Language GCSE 2 years ago, so it might have changed. For me I think there wasn’t anything you needed to revise, but you definitely needed to practice the papers so you knew how to answer the questions in the right way
Etcetcetc
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Did no revision for mine, expected a 9, definitely passed.
English language requires the least revision of any subject.
username2889812
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Since English is my second language, I needed a lot of revisions...
magmiles
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by XOTourLife)
DISCLAIMER: im not thinking of doing this or anything but the exam papers look easy. Just want opinions.
150%, I did no serious revision for English Language in my mocks in January. 10 minutes before the exam I just flicked through my anthology to remember a thing or two and went straight into the exam. I got my results two weeks later and came out with an A (7).

To be honest, if you have the talent, then you can do no revision as well and get high top band marks (7-9 or A-A*), you just need to be a good writer because there's effectively no right or wrong answers. If you hit the mark scheme for Level 5 every time it is a breeze (if you have a natural ability to write well). I'm no English expert but I found it really easy and I did practically the same thing in my actual GCSEs. I'm sure I'll come out with at least a 7 upwards.

So to sum it up, if you have are talented naturally when it comes to English and your grades consistently vary from B-A* or 6-9 (without revising) then you can definitely pass English Language with no revision. If you have to work hard all the time in English to get the grades I just said or have put in that extra shift to obtain those grades, then if you don't revise you'll fail. Also if you consistently get grades E-C or 1-5 then you will probably fail if you don't revise as well.
Muudeey
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by XOTourLife)
Ez I got 7 with no revision.
( u still gotta work really hard during lessons)
username3934898
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i agree with most of the posts above but also if you seem to be able to have a good understanding of the writer's intentions in extracts you study in class then i doubt you need any revision at all. personally i think any student should look at examiner reports before they walk into the exam (not sure if that counts as revision) and it should be enough really.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (10)
15.38%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (12)
18.46%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (28)
43.08%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (12)
18.46%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (3)
4.62%

Watched Threads