The Student Room Group

4 A-Levels with 2 languages

Next year I want to study Maths, English Literature, French and Spanish but I’m not sure if doing 4 A-levels will be too much work.
So I’m basically asking if because I’m doing 2 languages they will complement each other so that I subsequently won’t have to put in as much work? Does the content overlap?
How much time studying independently will I need for these subjects as I’m aware that I’ll also have less frees than those doing 3?
Original post by perfectionist18
Next year I want to study Maths, English Literature, French and Spanish but I’m not sure if doing 4 A-levels will be too much work.
So I’m basically asking if because I’m doing 2 languages they will complement each other so that I subsequently won’t have to put in as much work? Does the content overlap?
How much time studying independently will I need for these subjects as I’m aware that I’ll also have less frees than those doing 3?

My daughter's school recommended 3 only and she has just completed 6th form with English lit, french and german and they are all essay based so there is a lot of work researching etc. The one benefit was when it came to the exams she thought the revision was not as intense as you are using all aspects of the language daily but need to put in morelong hours doing the essays etc.
There is this thread on TSR https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5162790&p=75765296#post75765296
Slightly different but might be of interest to you
Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest