Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So since UKCAT testing has already started I thought I'd post this here so people can list their ukcat results and the resources they used as follows:

VR:
    DM:
    QR:
    AR:
    SJT:

Resources:
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    VR: 540
    DM: 630
    QR: 670
    AR: 720
    SJT: band 1
    Resources: medify for 1 month, official mocks and question bank on the UKCAT website!

ReputationRep:
    do you recommend using medify?
    (Original post by atrombetta1)
    Resources: medify for 1 month, official mocks and question bank on the UKCAT website!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cassywalker)
    do you recommend using medify?
    yes definitely! It's the closer you can get to the real exam. Totally recommend it

ReputationRep:
    yes definitely! It's the closer you can get to the real exam. Totally recommend it
    thank you so much

ReputationRep:
    Grad or undergrad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samanthaplague)
    Grad or undergrad?
    undergraduate! Do you think the score will be enough?

ReputationRep:
    undergraduate! Do you think the score will be enough?
    Yeah it should be fine (providing you get the grades in GCSE/ Predicted A Level). Don't apply to King's college london because they like a score of 650 and Birmingham told me that 670 was the average for them so I would avoid those two but other than that you should be fine for any others. Which unis were you looking at?? Also what were you getting in your practice because I'm getting 630s in the mocks right now and how did the actual exam compare to them??

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it should be fine (providing you get the grades in GCSE/ Predicted A Level). Don't apply to King's college london because they like a score of 650 and Birmingham told me that 670 was the average for them so I would avoid those two but other than that you should be fine for any others. Which unis were you looking at?? Also what were you getting in your practice because I'm getting 630s in the mocks right now and how did the actual exam compare to them??
    I'm applying to Edinburgh, Aberdeen, St Andrews and Dundee.
    I was getting similar score in my practices.

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying to Edinburgh, Aberdeen, St Andrews and Dundee.
    I was getting similar score in my practices.
    They should be fine. How did the official mocks compare to the actual UKCAT test?

ReputationRep:
    They should be fine. How did the official mocks compare to the actual UKCAT test?
    I think the official mocks are really really hard compared to actual Ukcat, particularly QR. DM was a bit harder on mocks but it's a good resource for practice.

ReputationRep:
    I think the official mocks are really really hard compared to actual Ukcat, particularly QR. DM was a bit harder on mocks but it's a good resource for practice.
    Okay. Thanks. I'm getting 630 on the official mocks so hopefully will get 670+ in the actual test... i'm just hoping I do. Did you use medify?

ReputationRep:
    Okay. Thanks. I'm getting 630 on the official mocks so hopefully will get 670+ in the actual test... i'm just hoping I do. Did you use medify?
    when have u got yours? mines on 9th august, vr and qr are so sh*t

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amaraub)
    when have u got yours? mines on 9th august, vr and qr are so sh*t
    Mine is on the 26th, I'm feeling a lot more confident than I did a month ago but I am still terrified of the test... have you done any mocks?

ReputationRep:
    Don’t worry too much guys my ukcat was only 640and I got 4 interviews and 3 offers

Just apply strategically and not necessarily where you love the most

ReputationRep:
    Mine is on the 26th, I'm feeling a lot more confident than I did a month ago but I am still terrified of the test... have you done any mocks?
    no not yet probs do one tomorrow tho. dunno if i will be ready by the 9th of august

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gapyear2018)
    Don’t worry too much guys my ukcat was only 640and I got 4 interviews and 3 offers

Where did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    Where did you apply?
    Bristol, UEA, HYMS and Leicester

ReputationRep:
    I'm a graduate and sat my UKCAT on Saturday. I got:VR: 670QR: 700DM: 750AR: 650SJT: Band 1I sat it last year as well and got total 2700, but mucked up my interview. Last year I used MedicPortal and a bit of Medify, and then this year I just used Medify (because i'd used all of the MedicPortal resources up).Hope this helps! Good luck all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gapyear2018)

Where did you apply? I got 640 and I'm applying to St Andews, Dundee, Edinburgh and Aberdeen. What do you think?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 17, 2018

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.