Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've seen a few other people on this site set up threads so they have a space in which to spew their random thoughts and comments. That idea has also appealed to me so this is mine.

I'm not expecting anyone to read or comment on this thread (except me) because no one knows me or has spoken to me on this account.

EDIT: now that I’ve made this blog I’ve realised that most of my posts are to do with magic, the occult and spirituality. So probably not most people’s cup of tea :lol:

But then again, I’m not expecting anyone to read this really, it’s just a place for me to document my thoughts and musings.

ReputationRep:
    Hate that feeling when you've had a massive lunch, yet straight afterwards it feels as if your stomach is an empty canyon and it starts growling for more food. Like, mate, where did all the food I just put in it go?

ReputationRep:
    I've always loved magic, as you can probably tell from my username.

I definitely have a slightly obsessive/unhealthy love of magic. Not the stage magic kind, ironically that bores me to death. Card tricks, pulling rabbits out of hats, sawing women in half etc. Don't like any of that which is why I've never gone to see any of those stage magicians. No, I'm talking about literal magic, the ability to manipulate and bend the laws of nature and do things that are naturally impossible.

I've always had this love, coupled with the love of ghosts, the supernatural, angels, demons, god, heaven, hell etc. All of that stuff really is my jam, but magic most of all. Probably doesn't help that I grew up with Harry Potter either and that I was obsessed with those films and books for sooooo long. I mean, I even played Harry Potter in the playground with my friends: one day I would be Harry and the next day my friend would :rofl:

The thing is, as I've gotten older that love for Harry Potter hasn't really gone away, it's just matured. Whereas when I was younger it was more just about the raw excitement and awe, now it's about looking deep into the magic and messages found in the books and films and seeing how I could potentially replicate those in real life.

ReputationRep:
    Take potions for example. It's not about me making an actual Harry Potter potion, because obviously those ingredients and stuff don't exist. It's more like how could I make my own kind of energetic potions?

Like when I'm cooking and boiling the water to make pasta for example, I practise infusing it with my energy while it's boiling. So I could be pouring my gratitude into it, or pouring in any other emotion to see if that affects the taste and how it sits with my body after eating it.

ReputationRep:
    However, I am also looking into developing the ability to practise real magic because I know it exists and that it's do-able. Of course, I don't think it'll look anything like HP magic, I don't need or want a wand to be able to perform it. Thinking about, needing a wand to perform magic would be terribly inconvenient and impractical. Having to carry this long wooden stick with you wherever you go, you'd inevitably sit on it or snap it in other ways loads of times and constantly have to buy replacements. It would also make you vulnerable: say you were having a shower and an evil wizard barged in and started attacking you, you'd be pretty much helpless as who's going to take a wand into the shower or toilet with them?

Anywayyy...that was a bit of a tangent/rant, but I do know real magic exists, but it must take so much dedication and practice to achieve it. I'm now looking at it more from the spiritual and enlightenment side of things as apparently becoming enlightened means you can access magical powers. That's why people like Jesus, Buddha and Krishna could do all this magical shizz, because they understood that reality is an illusion and that it can be manipulated and bent to get what you want.

(Original post by HandsomeSorcerer)
    Take potions for example. It's not about me making an actual Harry Potter potion, because obviously those ingredients and stuff don't exist. It's more like how could I make my own kind of energetic potions?

Like when I'm cooking and boiling the water to make pasta for example, I practise infusing it with my energy while it's boiling. So I could be pouring my gratitude into it, or pouring in any other emotion to see if that affects the taste and how it sits with my body after eating it.
    Does it have an affect, do you think?

ReputationRep:
    The reason I know this magic is real is because for a long time I've wanted blond hair instead of the black one I naturally have. I've tried so many visualisation techniques over the years and even though I don't have much to show for it, I have managed to manifest a couple of blond hairs in my fringe, one in my eyebrow and another in a more sensitive part of the body (). This proves to me that I have actually changed the DNA of those hair follicle cells: the genes in them now code for blond hair instead of black. So now it's just a case of me perfecting my techniques and/or of finding better ones and cracking on with my physical remodelling. And once I've mastered the magical manipulation of my body I'll start concentrating on being able to manipulate the outer world: telekinesis, teleportation, moving objects without touching them. I know it's possible and I know that I will achieve it.

ReputationRep:
    Regarding the blond hair, I think the main reason why I've not much to show for it despite having been trying to make my hair blond for so many years is that most of my earlier techniques were based on trying to change my hair blond. After having read many spiritual books on manifestation, the message has been repeated so many times by so many different authors that I could kind of see where I was going wrong: the universe reflects back to you your beliefs.

Therefore, the whole time I was wanting to turn my hair blond I was in essence saying to the universe 'my hair is not currently blond' and therefore that's what's being reflected back to me.

In fact, across this whole 6 and a bit year journey to turn my hair blond, the most success I had was near the very beginning. I remember one night laying in bed for hours with my eyes closed and doing some deep meditation where I was not trying to turn my hair blond as such, but I was just being incredibly grateful to an angel or spirit for turning my hair blond. Such deep gratitude that I was like on the verge of tears and it was accompanied by such a sure knowing that this spirit or angel was going to do this for me.

It was then a few days later, when I was on a boat and looking in the bathroom mirror that to my utter shock I noticed the first, long golden hair in my head that I had ever had. It was such an exciting and unbelievable surprise that that's why I remember so clearly that I was on a ship when I first noticed it. Like, I couldn't believe it. It's the kind of thing where I'd like always believed magic was real, but also deep down like didn't at the same time, because you never really see it happening anywhere. So when I saw the results of that gratitude session I was like wtf?! It worked, magic exists!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

However, because I was fairly new to meditation and visualisation at that point, for some reason I didn't really continue with the gratitude thing, I tried a million different other methods, mostly based on turning my hair blond instead of being grateful for the blond hair that I already had, and none of them really worked.

So my eyebrow blond hair appeared fairly recently, but I'm thinking that I've got to go back to the gratitude stuff. I think the secret of all this is that you need to believe or know that you already are everything you want to be and that you already have everything you want, at some level. The challenge is that you need to find a psychological way to convince yourself of this because the universe knows your most basic beliefs. You can't say to the universe 'I'm a millionaire' if deep down you know you're poor and that you'll never be rich. The universe cannot be lied to, it knows the truth of your thoughts.

Some people might need to convince themselves of this by believing in parallel universes: that way they can make themselves believe that though they might not have what they want in this one, they know that in some reality and alternate universe they already do have that thing or are that thing. It then might be psychologically easier to thank the universe for the reality of that thing, which may accelerate its manifestation in your current reality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoulfulTwist)
    Does it have an affect, do you think?
    Tbh, I haven't done that much work on it so I can't say for sure. There are lots of videos and experiments on line where people have like 3 jars of rice and to one they say things like "I love you", to another they're neutral and to the third "I hate you, you're unworthy" etc. And after a time it's always the jar that's been sent positive emotions that goes off the least whereas the other two are often really bad, green and mouldy. Obviously I take these things with a pinch of salt because people can fake this kind of stuff, but I do believe in the fundamental concept that your perception towards something and the energy you send to it can affect its structure. It's just that I don't think most humans are powerful enough to be able to do that to objects for it to be noticeable. That's why I think this kind of stuff requires so much practise, meditation, long time periods (as in the rice jar experiments) for any tangible effect to be observed.

ReputationRep:
    So the secret really is being grateful for what you want in advance. Knowing/believing you already have it.

For a long time I used to wonder why gratitude was necessary. I was like 'is the universe really that needy that it needs you to be super polite before it gives you anything?' It just sounded odd to me, like all these spiritual books always banged on about gratitude, but they never really explained why. And I'm the kind of person that always needs to know the reasons behind things.

And then I came across this one amazing book which put it in such an elegant, easy to understand way. Think about it, you can't be grateful for something you don't have. Therefore, by being truly grateful (not fake grateful) to the universe for a particular thing, you are basically thanking it for that thing which already exists, because you can't be grateful for something that isn't real, right? Genuine gratitude acknowledges the existence/presence of something.

And so therefore the whole trick is of finding a psychological construct in which you can practise genuine gratitude for whatever it is you want, that's really the hardest part. Most people's gratitude meditations don't work because deep down they don't really believe they have it, it's more like saying 'thank you' a million times without really meaning it. Like, you have to MEAN it, otherwise it won't work.

ReputationRep:
    What's kind of annoying is that my very early blond hair manifestation ting worked through gratitude but because I then spent so many years practising other techniques and none of them worked, it sort of made doubt creep in about these things. And doubt is soooo hard to get rid of.

So even though mentally I know that gratitude actually works because I've tried it, the long years of me not having practised it makes it difficult to get back into. Like when I try a gratitude meditation, sometimes the residual doubt and memories of failure of all the other techniques clouds my mind and makes it hard to progress.

ReputationRep:
    Another reason I know gratitude works is because I tried it a long time ago without really knowing what I was doing.

I was religious back then and I remember my family and I were on holiday in this house and one day my mum was devastated because she had lost one of her favourite necklaces (it was one of those that has a little ball on the end that rings when you shake it, an angel caller apparently). She was frantically looking for it all day, we all were, and we turned the house upside down looking for it. Yet it was nowhere to be found.

I'm really close with my mum so seeing her upset like that really affected me. That night I was like praying to God and saying how unfair it was that she had lost it because she always does so much for us, is so kind and that those things shouldn't happen to her. I then spent a good 1-2 hours basically crying to God and the angels and begging them to somehow find the necklace for her and I was thanking them so much, so profusely. I didn't think anything would happen of course.

The next day my mum wakes up and finds the necklace all stretched out perfectly in the middle of the floor of her room. Obviously it wasn't there before, how could we have missed a necklace on the floor? It was laid out really nicely, all stretched out to display its full length and I remember almost feeling sick with shock and getting so many shivers down my spine. Like in that moment I KNEW it was my gratitude and communication with the universe/angels that had done that, there's no other way this could have happened, it was too much of a coincidence that it could not have been a coincidence.

And I know some people might say, oh it could have been one of your siblings that stole it, felt guilty and then returned it. That just didn't happen. Firstly, none of my brothers would have taken it because we're straight guys, what the hell would we want with a woman's angel necklace? :lol: Second, I have two sisters, but at the time one was a baby so she couldn't have stolen and hid anything and my other sister is so tomboyish, even today she only wears earrings, she's never liked bracelets, rings etc.

Also, my mum is the lightest sleeper in the world, you cannot go into her room without waking her up, so she would clearly have seen and heard if someone came into her room in the middle of the night and laid out a necklace on her floor. And also it would have made noise because of the ringing ball on the end of it.

I never told my mum about this incident, but to this day thinking about it seriously gives me the chills and shivers because it was such an obvious effect of what I had been doing, but still super spooky and scary too. However, for some reason I once again like semi forgot about that incident and it didn't really come to mind when I was thinking about which techniques I should use to change my hair colour.

ReputationRep:
    However, I've been speaking out loud to the universe lately which I find is really helpful and I've basically been thanking it for helping me with manifestation techniques and for me guiding me to the right books or pieces of info to use.

And for the last day or so, quite inexplicably, I've been feeling intense gratitude for my blond hair. Like, I just know I have blond hair, I can imagine myself with it and my gratitude today and yesterday has been one of just knowing I have it and being grateful to the universe for it. I haven't been able to tap into this kind of gratitude for a while, so I was pleasantly surprised when it sort of started happening automatically coincidentally after I'm having long chats with the universe and knowing it's like helping me and basically the universe is my best friend. That's weird and awkward, no? Or maybe it isn't weird to consider the universe to be your mate who knows all of your thoughts, beliefs and desires and who you can say anything to without feeling judged and shamed.

ReputationRep:
    Another technique which you can perhaps combine with gratitude is the one of feeling. I remember being like really impressed with this kind of reasoning when I first read it because it was so simple, yet elegant.

Think about it, when you want something, be it an object, person, characteristic etc., you don't really want the thing in itself per se, you want the feeling that you think it'll give you.

For example, the guy who wants the mansion wants it because he thinks that when he has it he'll feel really successful and proud of his life. The girl who wants the perfect face wants it because she thinks that once she has it she'll finally be able to feel really confident in herself and that she'll be likeable to others. It's always the feeling that we're after, the FEELING.

Therefore, if you want something, just imagine what you would feel like if you already had it. Like truly think about it, do some meditation for like an hour where you imagine yourself with this thing and what it would cause you to feel about yourself. And if you can train yourself to then consistently have and feel those feelings and emotions even though you might not have that thing, then maybe if you do it for long enough then that thing will manifest.

Like if you start genuinely feeling successful all the time, then the universe will start reflecting success back to you, which could come in the form of a mansion, a better job, the kind of spouse you've always wanted, better health etc.

ReputationRep:
    Feeling so relaxed and comfortable. These warm summer evenings are so cathartic and therapeutic. Times like these I often think ‘yep, I could live outside in the forest and fields as some sorcerer wizard guy’, but then winter comes back and I’m silently a-creeping and sliding back into the house.

Maybe it was the prayer :beard:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoulfulTwist)
    Maybe it was the prayer :beard:
    I’ve prayed fervently for things before and they didn’t happen, especially if there was none of that intense gratitude :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    There’s something incredibly nostalgic about the male blackbird’s song at evening. Don’t know what it is, but I get a kind of like déja vu feeling each time I hear it. I have the vague impression that I used to hear it a lot as a child or something.

ReputationRep:
    I actually love Denmark, Danish and their Viking look and aesthetic. And it’s weird considering I’ve never been there nor have I ever learnt Danish. It’s just a weird fascination I have with the place, I was definitely Danish in a past life.

ReputationRep:
    Just remembered one of Osho's quotes that I like:

''Look deep down into the ocean, you will find yourself, and the eternal depth and unfathomable mystery of it.''

That's just so cool, isn't it? To know that you're so complex and deep, that your grandeur and majesty in all of its totality cannot be fathomed.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 19, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.