Report 1 year ago
excellent news, horrible practise :sadnod:
Conconz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Oruese)
I never said force them to do anything, we both know forcing them to "convert" will never work. I'm talking about lets say a pastor preaching in an open venue and a gay person walks up hears the gospel and gets saved, would the pastor be sent to jail for "Gay conversion therapy"?
zekiel 16:49-50 declares, "Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before me..." The Hebrew word translated "detestable" refers to something that is morally disgusting and is the exact same word used in Leviticus 18:22 that refers to homosexuality as an "abomination." Similarly, Jude 7 declares, "...Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion." So, again, while homosexuality was not the only sin in which the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah indulged, it does appear to be the primary reason for the destruction of the cities.

Those who attempt to explain away the biblical condemnations of homosexuality claim that the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah was inhospitality. The men of Sodom and Gomorrah were certainly being inhospitable. There is probably nothing more inhospitable than homosexual gang rape. But to say God completely destroyed two cities and all their inhabitants for being inhospitable clearly misses the point. While Sodom and Gomorrah were guilty of many other horrendous sins, homosexuality was the reason God poured fiery sulfur on the cities, completely destroying them and all of their inhabitants. To this day, the area where Sodom and Gomorrah were located remains a desolate wasteland. Sodom and Gomorrah serve as a powerful example of how God feels about sin in general, and homosexuality specifically.

Jesus Christ came to die for your sins, so that all men may be saved, you're living in a time of grace. He isn't just chilling up in heaven he's biding his time so that people like you repent of your sinfuls and give your life to him, besides if you read the book of revelations specifically you would understand that coming back now....would be very very bad for you in your current state
Your beliefs are your own, but they are utter shite. Every major scientific community supports the idea that gay conversion therapy is harmful and pointless. Being gay is natural, and all these ideas about changing or sin are outdated, offensive and dangerous. Keep them to yourself.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
TimmonaPortella
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think gay conversion therapy is a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad thing, but people are allowed to waste their money on homeopathic nonsense, and I don't see why the same shouldn't apply to this nonsense.
PureHeroine
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Bnaca)
So, without saying 'it is all part of God's plan', can you explain why God doesn't kill all of these 'sinners'? Or is he on a continuous vacation for the past few millennia?
I wish I could rep this 100 times. No disrespect to people of faith but I want answers.

of course.... just realise your progressive atheism is causing children in kindergarten in california and canada to be taught that boys can be girls and girls and be boys. Beastiality is next folks...continue with the progression into madness. when you reject God, you end up having no standards i'll give you a heads up though read Romans 1
I'm still trying to figure out what you mean by that.
ChaoticButterfly
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Davij038)
If you’re straight, conservative and Christian you’ll live longer, be happier and are far less likely to have STDs*

*if you’re in the first world.
Are you saying gay people should try being straight?

If you are middle class you live longer than someone who works down a mine.

Well done for pointing out the obvious.
Davij038
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by SHallowvale)
How would you know if there's no coercion?
I never said there wasn’t, I said that the only reason one could objectvtonitvon liberal grounds was if there was actually coercion ie actual criminal activity not just peer pressure
Davij038
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Why?
Because it’s true, how does being gay benefit society?
Davij038
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mupsman2312)
But homosexuality harms no-one...

...except for maybe homophobes who hate it, and can't let it go when they see it.

What actual harm is there? Why does anyone care what two people get up to in bed? It's not exactly like you're watching them!

If it harms no-one, then there's no problem with it.l

Define harm.

I would say it harms society, as it encourages this sort of lifestyle.
Davij038
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mojojojo101)
Straight, conservative Christians tend to be total nob-heads capable only.of coerced relations within their social group.
Yeah, straight, conservative, white Christians creating the greatest civilisations the world has seen...what a bunch of knobs

So probably they will be less likely to get STIs, though that isn't neccesarily as positive as it initially sounds.
Oh please go on 😂😂😂😂
PureHeroine
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Define harm.

I would say it harms society, as it encourages this sort of lifestyle.
Define what you mean by 'lifestyle'
Davij038
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
Not quite the same thing. If one person However, since it's been firmly established by psychology that being gay isn't a choice, there's no place in modern society for homophobia or anti-homosexual practices.
Being predisposed to homosexuality isn’t a choice. Being actually gay most certainly is.

Same with violence to an extent. Just because somebody is more predisposed towards violence dies t mean that that behaviour should be excused or condoned or that acting upon those tendencies isn’t a choice at the end of the day.

Davij038
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by rainclouds-)
Define what you mean by 'lifestyle'
In this case being in a same sex ‘relationship’.
SHallowvale
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I never said there wasn’t, I said that the only reason one could objectvtonitvon liberal grounds was if there was actually coercion ie actual criminal activity not just peer pressure
Peer pressure is a form of coercian, IE family members ganging up on someone, threatening to kick them out of the house, etc. It's a form of domestic abuse and shouldn't be disregarded just because criminal activity isn't involved.

Because it’s true, how does being gay benefit society?
Why is it true? I'm asking you to explain your opinion.

You've said that it is, generally, A) Dangerous to society and B) Provides no benefit.
Pretzelite
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by registerin30)
But why is gay conversion therapy considered abuse? It's well within a person's rights to consider gay conversion therapy to be good for himself. Is it not like banning the burka?
Being predisposed to homosexuality isn’t a choice. Being actually gay most certainly is.

Same with violence to an extent. Just because somebody is more predisposed towards violence dies t mean that that behaviour should be excused or condoned or that acting upon those tendencies isn’t a choice at the end of the day.

Being gay is the act of feeling attraction towards those of the same gender. So since when could you CHOOSE your feelings?
Davij038
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Peer pressure is a form of coercian, IE family members ganging up on someone, threatening to kick them out of the house, etc. It's a form of domestic abuse and shouldn't be disregarded just because criminal activity isn't involved.
You could say the same about encouraging your kids to get a good job or to study hard. My neighbour kicked her daughter out at 17 for being a bum, is she abusing her because of the way she chooses to live her life ? 😂

Why is it true? I'm asking you to explain your opinion.

You've said that it is, generally, A) Dangerous to society and B) Provides no benefit.
A) health, see-https://www.cdc.gov/std/life-stages-populations/stdfact-msm.htm

Also (and this relevant to point B) they cause upset amongst families for not reproducing and due to thus also they have less of a stake in society and its preservation which causes them to partake in more risky behaviour such as drug use (which the pro gay lobby also want to legalise)

Also wonder why all of the biggest banks are huge pro gay sponsors

I could go into more detail but I think I’m already close to ban here- message me if you want more reasons.
kelleyohara5
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Okay so first of all,

Most of you on this thread have no idea what they're talking about, (unless you're making some points about what it says in the Bible or not), since all you could bring up as arguments against "gay conversion therapy should be banned" is either "god said so" or "it's wrong because everybody else is hetero" or "being gay is harming the society" which I don't? really? understand? but here we go, lol.

The very first point I'll make is- if you are a heterosexual person, be it religious or not, I'll ask you to reflect for a moment on how goddamn lucky you are to be straight - whether you personally consider it a choice or not. At home, at school, at work, at college, at whatever place, whenever, you can be open about who you are, you really could talk to your friends or parents about whoever you like if you wanted to, and nobody would give you any sh*t for it. Because why should they, right? You're stereotypical normal. You're free to look at and be crazy about a girl (if you're a boy), or a boy (if you're a girl) who you like because it's normal in the eyes of your parents, friends, sister, brother, nan, dog, whoever. It's literally nothing you have to worry about.

But because there are cretins (for the lack of a better word) like the people I've mentioned in my very first sentence, gay people don't get that freedom. They have to keep hiding, they have to keep from being themselves so that nobody notices, they have to awkwardly keep lying when their mom asks if the person who's just been over is something other than a friend in their life, because not only they're not interested in that person, it's just not ever going to be even close. And it's not a choice, nobody chooses to be like that just because "it's fun and games" and "it's easier" and whatever other stupid reason y'all come up with. It's not easier; and it's certainly not fun and games. They don't choose to go through that STRUGGLE, of having to hide who they are. Do you know how hard it is to hide who you really are? It's so exhausting, it's constantly holding your breath because you're always omitting those little bits out of your sentence, always keeping details away, and you're almost pathetic in the eyes of your parents for not having found anybody to like yet. But little do they know that you do like somebody ..... but it's weird because admitting to liking whoever you like is seen as wrong. Liking a person of the same gender is seen as wrong. It's seen as though a person is broken, and the funny thing is that until people "come out", others wouldn't even suspect they were about to say just that. So you finding out a person's gay does not change your life in any way whatsoever, and I'm really curious what you mean by "it's harming society"... And I'm also guessing you mean to say gay conversion therapy is meant to "fix" them?

Except it won't because there's nothing to fix. What would a straight person feel if they trying to be convinced they "have to be gay"? It's the same thing as telling a gay person they have to be straight! (regardless of "that's the way world works, idiot, girls with boys, boys with girls" - just consider the concept of being told you absolutely have to begay) You don't choose to be straight, right? Or do you? Would you then choose to have feelings for the person of your same gender if being gay wasn't popularly considered against the natural cycle of the world or just simply a sin? Oh wait, haha, you got me there, for a hot second I really forgot that having feelings for somebody (or anybody at all) is not a choice regardless of religion, beliefs or sexuality.

Being gay is not "a choice" simply because you're not and you can't relate. If you can't even fathom how somebody can be attracted to the same gender, it doesn't mean that it's not happening to others. It certainly does not mean that it's a choice, because in turn, you don't choose to be straight either. And just because you know yourself and like 90% of the world's population to be straight for sure, it really doesn't mean that the other 10% "are just trying to stand out" or "are trying to swing the other way" because "they didn't find the right guy/girl"

And let me tell you something that's going to come across as outrageous, but rightfully so. If I close my eyes, the whole concept of "fixing gay people" almost isn't a form of Neo-Nazism. And I've heard false accusations as such on different topics, so you'd maybe think that I'm just making an incredibly horrendous remark for no apparent reason, but truth is, Nazism is extreme racist or authoritarian views or behavior, so regardless of religious views or popular belief regarding GCT, authoritatively attempting to change a person from being who they are, is considered Nazism. Therefore, if you'd like to further argue any point, keep in mind that the legal continuation of what you call "gay conversion therapy" is a modern form of Nazism.

And who am I to be talking? Well, I've been through a lot, and the only thing talking here is experience. You don't really know what it's like to feel this way, and you've probably never even been around a person who is gay- or bisexual for that matter. If you were even friends with one, you'd notice that they really don't choose who they like (as neither do you), or to be this way. You wouldn't know what's "wrong," but you'd notice them being done hiding, hiding something you can't exactly pinpoint when has started bothering them, or what it is, because they've just always been this way, only... Only it's getting worse every time. You'd notice them getting more tired and tired every day and being hurt about some things that wouldn't even occur to you. You'd become empathetic, you'd talk to them and you'd be open to listen, whatever it might be, because your friend deserves to be happy again, and then you'd understand their hurt and suffering, having to hold it all in to avoid any conflict, at the expense of their mental health. You'd understand it's not like choosing your goddamn living room wallpaper or what pizza topping to order. It's way more serious and something beyond your comprehension of how "the world really works," regarding this case, because I'm sure you just don't understand.

I'm not going to waste my time any further trying to prove and explain to a bunch of squarehead 14 year olds as to why being homophobic is wrong, regardless if you believe being gay is right or not.

"Some people are homophobic, get over it" -- my god, and some people are gay. Gay people shut up about other people being homophobic most of the time, but I can't begin to see any homophobic person shut up about their Neo-Nazistic views.

-- also, my apologies to people if I've made any points the same as some responses I may have omitted.

But hey, you probably won't give it much thought, so you can keep being the close-minded person you were until you read this post too. I mean sure, I'd rather you would ponder on it and realize what homophobia really means or what traumatic effects it has on society, such as implanting hate into people's minds, as opposed to homosexuality, but to each their own I guess. One thing I sure hope you do consider, is the words that you put down on a public website. Words hurt.
Davij038
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Pretzelite)
So since when could you CHOOSE your feelings?
So what’s the point arguing with homophobes if they feel the way they do?
username2763536
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
you call them brain-washed because they changed their lifestyle? and it's rather insulting for you, who knows nothing about them to call them emotionally damaged. You will never comprehend someone being born again because you dont honestly believe in Jesus Christ and you live in sin

I give it 10 more years and it's people like you calling true bible believing Christians cultists and advocating for their incarceration
The irony here is ridiculous.A Christian who believes in an invisible man in the sky nobody has ever seen and somehow gay people are the mental ones? Most people stop having imaginary freinds at age 4 m8.
SHallowvale
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
A) health, see-https://www.cdc.gov/std/life-stages-populations/stdfact-msm.htm

Also (and this relevant to point B) they cause upset amongst families for not reproducing and due to thus also they have less of a stake in society and its preservation which causes them to partake in more risky behaviour such as drug use (which the pro gay lobby also want to legalise)

Also wonder why all of the biggest banks are huge pro gay sponsors

I could go into more detail but I think I’m already close to ban here- message me if you want more reasons.
A) Health - Anyone of any sexual orientation is capable of contracting and transmitting an STD, so simply being able to catch something isn't an argument against homosexuality specifically rather just sex or, better, unsafe sex.

Also, greater risk of infection =/= gay sex will give you a disease. Provided you use appropriate protection you will be fine; this applies to all kind of sex.

B) Why should childbirth be considered an important contribution to society? Today, the population is large enough and is exceeding replacement. Approximately 5% of the population not having children will not significantly influence the ability of said population to preserve itself.

What evidence do you have that not having children causes "risky behaviour"?

I'm happy to continue in private messages if you'd like, though this thread is fine also.
Jacque Inaboques
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Bnaca)
It's God's jurisdiction? And yet, a mere mortal such as yourself is spreading His wishes on behalf of the almighty...

According to the old testament, Book of Genesis specifically, God set the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah ablaze due to its inhabitants performing sodomy, and conducting homosexual relationships with one another. Surely due to His omnipotence, God can simply smite all of the gay people in the world, similar to how he did in the Book of Genesis; since, of course, it is his "jurisdiction" to "judge what is a sin and what isn't". And yet, he hasn't. So, without saying 'it is all part of God's plan', can you explain why God doesn't kill all of these 'sinners'? Or is he on a continuous vacation for the past few millennia?
Perhaps God is gay himself.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are cats selfish

Yes (144)
61.28%
No (91)
38.72%

Watched Threads