Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
B1388 - Liberal Nando’s bill 2018 Submitted by Rt. Hon. Joep95 MP

A
BILL TO

Ban petros from Nando’s

BE IT ENACTED by The Queen's most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Commons in this present Parliament assembled, in accordance with the provisions of the Parliament Acts 1911 and 1949, and by the authority of the same, as follows:—

1-definitions
(1) for the purpose of this bill Petros shall be defined as the member of the the Student room petrosac or the person linked to this account https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?u=1668201

2- Nando’s ban
(1) Petros shall be banned from entering any Nando’s for life.

3 Citation and commencement
(1) This Act extends to the United Kingdom.
(2) The provisions of this Act come into force on Royal Assent
(3) This Act may be referred to as the Liberal Nando’s Act 2018
Notes: Petros doesn’t deserve Nando’s.
Connor27
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Disappointing that the original idea of this bill didn’t make it, I was indeed willing to second that joke, this one is tame in comparison.
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Aye. 😛
CountBrandenburg
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I’d have loved for the original to come to the floor but we can’t have our favourite snowflake complaining now can we?
Jammy Duel
Rep:
?
(Original post by Connor27)
Disappointing that the original idea of this bill didn’t make it, I was indeed willing to second that joke, this one is tame in comparison.
As I have said in the other place, the original would not have been put before the house and odds are the butt of that joke bill would have demanded it be removed from rejected submissions. Joe was advised of this and acted accordingly.
username3796922
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
As I have said in the other place, the original would not have been put before the house and odds are the butt of that joke bill would have demanded it be removed from rejected submissions. Joe was advised of this and acted accordingly.
Unfortunately the original was better, but this bill is rather funny so good to see it submitted anyway, albeit in a modified version.
PetrosAC
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
But...but...Nando’s is life 😭
Jammy Duel
Rep:
?
(Original post by viljo)
Unfortunately the original was better, but this bill is rather funny so good to see it submitted anyway, albeit in a modified version.
I know the original was better, but we all know what would happened, it would have been aphgate all over again so I would have had no choice but to reject it
username3796922
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
I know the original was better, but we all know what would happened, it would have been aphgate all over again so I would have had no choice but to reject it
Indeed - good judgement there, and well done to Joe for his chosen course of action.
CatusStarbright
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well I have no idea what this ‘original bill’ was, but this one would certainly throw a spanner in the works with regards to the long-rumoured Liberal meet-up.
Mr T 999
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Aye let's go one step further and ban the liberals from entering nandos
ByronicHero
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

There are Nando's restaurants beyond our legislative reach, so this is unenforceable. Fix this for the second reading and I am sure it will pass.

Also, if he has a Roosters near him this will likely have a positive effect on his life because Roosters is pound for pound much better.
Joep95
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ByronicHero)

There are Nando's restaurants beyond our legislative reach, so this is unenforceable. Fix this for the second reading and I am sure it will pass.

Also, if he has a Roosters near him this will likely have a positive effect on his life because Roosters is pound for pound much better.
Our legislative reach is unlimited we could legally ban smoking on the streets of paris
LibertarianMP
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Aye, had a good chuckle at this
ByronicHero
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Joep95)
Our legislative reach is unlimited we could legally ban smoking on the streets of paris
Joep95
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ByronicHero)
Fine I’ll expand that to the world
Life_peer
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Petros will never have a black card.
Saunders16
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Aye go away Pryor
Bluestar511
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No provisions for enforcement or consequences for violation? What a poorly written bill.
CoffeeAndPolitics
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Aye for the jokes. :P
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (674)
41.3%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.53%

Watched Threads