The Student Room Group

Msc Air Transport Management Loughborough Vs Surrey University ???

Hi

I have a big dilemma in terms of deciding which university should i chose to do my Msc Air Transport Management. From what i know Loughborough has this course for around 40 years and seems to have more experience in this field and Surrey University implemented this course recently but it has a better reputation as an university on an international level and is good for employment and also very close to the major airports in London. So my question is which one should i chose in order to get a better job as soon as i graduate, and if you are looking to hire for someone in Air Transport Industry , as an employer which university would look more appealing to you when you see it on the CV ???
Original post by Razzz10
Hi

I have a big dilemma in terms of deciding which university should i chose to do my Msc Air Transport Management. From what i know Loughborough has this course for around 40 years and seems to have more experience in this field and Surrey University implemented this course recently but it has a better reputation as an university on an international level and is good for employment and also very close to the major airports in London. So my question is which one should i chose in order to get a better job as soon as i graduate, and if you are looking to hire for someone in Air Transport Industry , as an employer which university would look more appealing to you when you see it on the CV ???

Hi @Razzz10,

When comparing universities, I would recommend looking at the modules offered in each course, and see which interests you more. You can find a list of the modules on the Air Transport Management course page on our website, here, under the 'Programme details' tab. If you click on the module name you'll be taken to a page describing that module :smile:

Have you visited both the universities? If not, I would suggest having a tour around campus and exploring the local area to make sure you’d be happy to live in whichever place you intend to study at. We run weekly campus tours on Wednesdays which leave Senate House at 1pm and last about an hour. If you can’t make a campus tour, you’re free to come do a self-guided tour. We recognise that visiting the university might not be possible for all prospective students, so we have made a virtual reality app to give students an idea of what campus and the surrounding areas are like without having to physically come to campus. You can find more info/download the app here.

In addition to that, if you’d like to speak to a member of the teaching team on the course then that can usually be arranged (depending on the academic’s availability). If you contact the Admissions team they’ll be able to put you in touch with an academic who will be happy to answer any questions you have about the course :biggrin: Their email address is [email protected], or you can call +44(0)1483682222.

If you’ve got any questions about life at uni, the facilities, Students’ Union, and Guildford in general then feel free to ask I was an undergrad student at Surrey from 2012-2015!

All the best,
Ashley
Reply 2
I've actually just graduated from Loughborough in Materials engineering and was also considering a masters in air transport management at loughborough or surrey in 2019. In terms of employability, loughborough is ranked very highly (higher than surrey in the UK) and is a top 5 uni so I don't think you should make your decision on those aspects. The advantage surrey has is that it is closer to London airports, however loughborough is only 20 mins away from East Mids Airport. Overall, I'd say you should decide based on where you'd like to live and which campus appeals to you more. Surrey is a great campus but loughborough is slightly better in my opinion being the largest in the UK. If you're interested in other things like sport consider which uni would be best for you in terms of that. Overall the only reason I'd choose surrey over loughborough is to put myself out of my comfort zone and experience another uni environment after being at luffs for 4 years. I couldn't decide between them in terms of the course as they seem very similar.
Reply 3
Original post by tarsands
I've actually just graduated from Loughborough in Materials engineering and was also considering a masters in air transport management at loughborough or surrey in 2019. In terms of employability, loughborough is ranked very highly (higher than surrey in the UK) and is a top 5 uni so I don't think you should make your decision on those aspects. The advantage surrey has is that it is closer to London airports, however loughborough is only 20 mins away from East Mids Airport. Overall, I'd say you should decide based on where you'd like to live and which campus appeals to you more. Surrey is a great campus but loughborough is slightly better in my opinion being the largest in the UK. If you're interested in other things like sport consider which uni would be best for you in terms of that. Overall the only reason I'd choose surrey over loughborough is to put myself out of my comfort zone and experience another uni environment after being at luffs for 4 years. I couldn't decide between them in terms of the course as they seem very similar.

Hi thank you so much for taking time to reply to my question, your opinion was very helpful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending