The Student Room Group

aaa stress (sj’s GYG Y10-11)

hello! so i’m pretty new to this but i’m fairly sure you’re meant to start with your predicted grades and some stuff about you so:

i’m a girl, currently in Y10 and even though I don’t study it at GCSE I am very interested in pursuing psychology at Uni and in later life (I’ve read quite a few books around the subject and asked some different people who work within the area about their careers & found it v interesting). currently i think it would be cool to be either a clinical psychologist or forensic, but ik it takes a lot of work so i’m just aiming to get to uni and see how it goes from there

at my school it’s quite stressful so we’re expected to get high grades (and especially if you want to be considered for oxbridge which i do) so i’m aiming for high 8/9s

my predicted grades based on end of years are
eng lit: A*
eng lang: 9
maths: 8
bio: 7
chem: 7
physics: 7
french: 8
compsci: 9
rs: 8
history: A

i’m pretty pleased with this year’s results on the whole but it was a bit annoying as i was 2% off a 9 in french, a mark off an A* in history, and 1/2 a mark off a 9 in RS. What I really need to improve is my sciences as the grade was okay but the percentage was quite disappointing

But yeah, that’s it I think. Ama :smile:
Original post by sjbelkin
hello! so i’m pretty new to this but i’m fairly sure you’re meant to start with your predicted grades and some stuff about you so:

i’m a girl, currently in Y10 and even though I don’t study it at GCSE I am very interested in pursuing psychology at Uni and in later life (I’ve read quite a few books around the subject and asked some different people who work within the area about their careers & found it v interesting). currently i think it would be cool to be either a clinical psychologist or forensic, but ik it takes a lot of work so i’m just aiming to get to uni and see how it goes from there

at my school it’s quite stressful so we’re expected to get high grades (and especially if you want to be considered for oxbridge which i do) so i’m aiming for high 8/9s

my predicted grades based on end of years are
eng lit: A*
eng lang: 9
maths: 8
bio: 7
chem: 7
physics: 7
french: 8
compsci: 9
rs: 8
history: A

i’m pretty pleased with this year’s results on the whole but it was a bit annoying as i was 2% off a 9 in french, a mark off an A* in history, and 1/2 a mark off a 9 in RS. What I really need to improve is my sciences as the grade was okay but the percentage was quite disappointing

But yeah, that’s it I think. Ama :smile:

Hi :hello:
your predicted grades are amazing! what's your favourite subject? :biggrin:
good luck :yes: how has year 10 been so far?
Reply 2
Original post by laurawatt
Hi :hello:
your predicted grades are amazing! what's your favourite subject? :biggrin:
good luck :yes: how has year 10 been so far?

Heya! Thank you :smile: my favourite subjects are English (especially language but i do love lit too- we study Macbeth, A View From The Bridge, and Hard Times), French, and RS.

My year has been okay I think; some subjects I’ve definitely excelled in (my last two years I had an English teacher I despised so this year has been a breath of fresh air if I’m honest) but I haven’t been too happy with how science is going (especially biology as I plan on taking it for A Level).

With the social aspect of stuff it’s alright, i’m a tad tired of the people in my year group and there have been some times I’ve wanted to spend time with some other people but overall it’s pretty normal.

Probably the most serious thing is my mental health right now, it’s not something I ever discuss w my friends or family but I’m quite insecure so I struggle a bit with that.

Woah that was a bit of a tangent, but yeah hope that answers stuff :smile:
Heya! Thank you :smile: my favourite subjects are English (especially language but i do love lit too- we study Macbeth, A View From The Bridge, and Hard Times), French, and RS.

My year has been okay I think; some subjects I’ve definitely excelled in (my last two years I had an English teacher I despised so this year has been a breath of fresh air if I’m honest) but I haven’t been too happy with how science is going (especially biology as I plan on taking it for A Level).

With the social aspect of stuff it’s alright, i’m a tad tired of the people in my year group and there have been some times I’ve wanted to spend time with some other people but overall it’s pretty normal.

Probably the most serious thing is my mental health right now, it’s not something I ever discuss w my friends or family but I’m quite insecure so I struggle a bit with that.

Woah that was a bit of a tangent, but yeah hope that answers stuff :smile:

english language = :yucky: :lol:
there's plenty of time left, and a 7 in all three sciences is great! (i'm getting 7/8s in bio and chem but only scraping a 6 in physics :teehee:)
just remember: your mental health is way more important than some exams :yes: :hugs:
Reply 4
english language = :yucky: :lol:
there's plenty of time left, and a 7 in all three sciences is great! (i'm getting 7/8s in bio and chem but only scraping a 6 in physics :teehee:)
just remember: your mental health is way more important than some exams :yes: :hugs:

you’re very right about the mental health thing, it is so easy to lose sight of stuff like that i guess, & thank you! I really hope to get an 8 otherwise I won’t be able to take Bio for A Level plus my parents care more about STEM (sigh) so there’s that too. Your results are great though (and good luck w Physics!).
you’re very right about the mental health thing, it is so easy to lose sight of stuff like that i guess, & thank you! I really hope to get an 8 otherwise I won’t be able to take Bio for A Level plus my parents care more about STEM (sigh) so there’s that too. Your results are great though (and good luck w Physics!).

no problem :smile:
you need an 8 to study it at A-level?! jeez your requirements are high!
:biggrin: thanks! good luck to you too :smile:
Reply 6
no problem :smile:
you need an 8 to study it at A-level?! jeez your requirements are high!
:biggrin: thanks! good luck to you too :smile:

I mean they said high 7 but even then they would probably have to have a lot of meetings and that, so wouldn’t be ideal :smile:
I mean they said high 7 but even then they would probably have to have a lot of meetings and that, so wouldn’t be ideal :smile:

do you go to a posh grammar/private school then? because our school has the requirement of a 6 at GCSE to do it at a-level for most subjects and at least a 7 for further maths :smile:
Reply 8
do you go to a posh grammar/private school then? because our school has the requirement of a 6 at GCSE to do it at a-level for most subjects and at least a 7 for further maths :smile:

yeah something like that :smile: but the teaching is really good so I don’t mind the pressure being a bit more intense
Reply 9
so i got my report back and it wasn’t particularly surprising, but my teachers were nice which is good! umm, also i’m starting some physics revision with my cgp book but idk how helpful that is when i literally do not understand physics at ALL because (hate to blame other people for this but) i have never had a good physics teacher before this year which sucks because it’s not a subject i can really teach myself aaah. but yeah, we’ll see how it goes :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending