The BBC should register itself as a political party, no? Watch

The RAR
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8itF62yIJg
Saw this interview on BBC news night last week and it's really stupid, can't even call it an interview. Throughout the whole so called interview the BBC presenter does not stay neutral in the topic, she doesn't give her opinions here and there but she tries to make the Hungarian Minister swallow her leftists opinions by getting him to admit that he is a racist, xenophobe, fascist... you know the usual compliments. Even tho the Hungarian Minister says decent and reasonable things in response like it's not possible for someone to be a refugee if they travelled multiple countries, the BBC presenter still tries to make the Hungarian Minister feel bad about himself and to think of himself as an xenophobe, anti-immigrant and all the typical name calling. The Hungarian Minister does not say anything which is racist whatsoever, everything he says he claims that it's about protecting his country, being fair and it's also within the law.
And how funny they disabled the comments section, that's quite a nice ratio of like to dislikes don't you think?
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No.
Dheorl
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No.

And has it occurred to you a lot of those dislikes might be at what the minister is saying...
ukrj
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I agree with this post. The media for a long time has been pushing propaganda and it's only now with the availability of other news sources that we can see it for what it is.
username1738683
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's particularly the women who seem to have taken over now, they are mostly a bunch of overpaid lightweights who think they are the suffragettes or new age travellers. They all come from good families and went to nice public schools, six-figure salaries all round, copy of the Guardian under their arms and tonnes of caring and compassion on display for everyone to acknowledge what beautiful people they are. A bit like that Sarandon woman running up to the Queen, don't you know who I am?

Dead right, Emily is just another one of them. They do 'opinionated journalism' because they can.
Picnic1
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
A couple of days ago, I saw a BBC advert celebrating the NHS. They chose to use the sound of a heart monitor to the tune of Happy Birthday. Very crass, especially as so many NHS scandals are recently being investigated. As if a heart monitor is something to take lightly as well- what next? Drum and bass accompanying a defibrilation?
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If the Beeb is a political party, at least it's a British one. The Mail, Sky, the Sun, RT - all foreign controlled by oligarchs living on islands or in dictator bunkers.
The RAR
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dheorl)
No.

And has it occurred to you a lot of those dislikes might be at what the minister is saying...
The video is called Hungarian Minister challenged on migration policy, and who is the one challenging the minister? The reporter obviously so all those dislikes and literally mean all of them are aimed at the reporter.

Posted from TSR Mobile
fallen_acorns
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
is the bbc biased? yes - and increasingly so.

does that mean it should be a political party? no. of course not.

Should there be questions raised about how it approaches political content? definitely.

---

The rule for the past few decades of the BBC has been simple:

Entertainment content swings heavily to the left of the political spectrum. You can't avoid this, its just part and parcel of a creative industry - left leaning mentalities and creativity, showmanship, self promotion, extroversion etc. just go hand in hand. The entertainment content of the BBC will never be neutral or even unbiased. A show like mock the week - will always lean left, and that's ok.

The political and news based programs stay neutral.. but usually swing towards the governments favor slightly. For most of my life this has been broadly true - that the bbc's political arms are some of the best at remaining neutral, but often aired slightly towards the establishment (government, monarchy etc) - as obviously they have a vested interest in doing so.

I would say though, that in the past 3-4 years, I have noticed that they are slipping. They are still one of the best, and I struggle to think of any mainstream TV network that is less biased then them. But they are moving ever further left. I think this is partly a result of recruitment. When you look at political commentators and their positions, most of the right wing voices on the BBC are older, and normally men. Their voices still exist, but I can't think of a single young right-wing political journalist on the BBC. I think this is whats driving the trend, not the programing but the recruitment. Simply that young left-wing professionals are more desirable and climb the ranks quicker then young right wing journalists. Right wing journalists are shut out very quickly in the young professional progressive networking spheres that you need to work through to make it in the media, and they quickly give up hope and move on to different areas where they can succeed.

So what your getting now is that whilst it still wants to be unbiased, the workforce of the BBC has been shifting ever more left for quite a while, and that's taking their view of what it means to be 'unbiased' towards the left as well. The middle ground to them, is not the same as the middle ground to the general public. When the older journalists all retire, the BBC will be a left-wing news source. but for now, it still remains one of the least biased out there.
fallen_acorns
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
specifically talking about that interview - its pretty shocking.

There is no depth to her questioning or discussion, no followups or attempts to find holes in his logical or reasoning, its closer to just a stream of accusations, rather then an exploration of whats going on.
Dheorl
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by The RAR)
The video is called Hungarian Minister challenged on migration policy, and who is the one challenging the minister? The reporter obviously so all those dislikes and literally mean all of them are aimed at the reporter.
You have absolutely zero way of knowing that for sure, but hey ho, whatever makes you happy.
username1738683
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by fallen_acorns)
specifically talking about that interview - its pretty shocking.

There is no depth to her questioning or discussion, no followups or attempts to find holes in his logical or reasoning, its closer to just a stream of accusations, rather then an exploration of whats going on.
It's not an interview, the BBC luvvies sent one of their own to confront him with his views. Could have sent a bot identically programmed, wouldn't have made any difference to anything. They can't do better.

This is it, these women are artificially pushed up the scale for the sake of that 'diversity' thing and the BBC is absolutely f****d in their hands. Yesterday was one of those days when you couldn't go anywhere near Radio 4, two attempts bumped into 'genderism' first and 'racism' later on. You only have to turn it on, it's on tap.
The RAR
Rep:
?
You have absolutely zero way of knowing that for sure, but hey ho, whatever makes you happy.
Wrong again, I am 100% sure all those dislikes are aimed at the reporter and if the comments section was available you would see. I already gave my explanation of why that's the case. It just doesn't make sense for a person to dislike a video when they agree with the reporter challenging the minister which is what the video is about as stated in the title, any person with a half a brain can see it but "hey ho whatever makes you happy". Oh yeah and you know for sure that all those dislikes are aimed at the Minister, hypocrite.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Simone250900
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
no each presenter has their own views so it wouldn't make any sense not all agree politically
lordringo
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So a political party is any media with a political slant? That's a unique definition. By the way, you know people on the left think the Beeb is biased against them and those on the right think it's the other way, right? Maybe a sign it's doing its job..
Dheorl
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Wrong again, I am 100% sure all those dislikes are aimed at the reporter and if the comments section was available you would see. I already gave my explanation of why that's the case. It just doesn't make sense for a person to dislike a video when they agree with the reporter challenging the minister which is what the video is about as stated in the title, any person with a half a brain can see it but "hey ho whatever makes you happy". Oh yeah and you know for sure that all those dislikes are aimed at the Minister, hypocrite.
If you genuinely believe with complete certainty every single one of the thousands of dislikes is aimed at the reporter then you're a moron. There really is no other word for it.

And no, I never claimed that, but it's ok pumpkin, you keep on truckin'.
The RAR
Rep:
?
If you genuinely believe with complete certainty every single one of the thousands of dislikes is aimed at the reporter then you're a moron. There really is no other word for it.

And no, I never claimed that, but it's ok pumpkin, you keep on truckin'.
Not every single one of them but the majority of them yes and you are going to call me a moron for that are you? Well I am sorry to say but you are the moron here, you are literally turning a blind eye to everything I just said since you hardly confronted anything and are instead resorting to name calling as if I never said anything. Yeah keep on dreaming that you are right when you are just wrong as **** and you know it, and yes you never claimed that but you think that. You say that those dislikes are aimed at the Minister so surely you have a way to know that is true? Really you are being a stupid hypocritical leftist here, mocking me on something which you yourself can't do but yeah go on with the garbage.
Dheorl
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Not every single one of them but the majority of them yes and you are going to call me a moron for that are you? Well I am sorry to say but you are the moron here, you are literally turning a blind eye to everything I just said since you hardly confronted anything and are instead resorting to name calling as if I never said anything. Yeah keep on dreaming that you are right when you are just wrong as **** and you know it, and yes you never claimed that but you think that. You say that those dislikes are aimed at the Minister so surely you have a way to know that is true? Really you are being a stupid hypocritical leftist here, mocking me on something which you yourself can't do but yeah go on with the garbage.
Moving the goalposts I see? I'm not "turning a blind eye" to it, I just disagree with it, I thought that was clear.

And you're a mindreader as well now are you? I specified "a lot". A lot can still be a minority, but equally it could be enough that a majority of the viewers agree with the reporter.

You really are a very easily triggered snowflake aren't you?
The RAR
Rep:
?
Moving the goalposts I see? I'm not "turning a blind eye" to it, I just disagree with it, I thought that was clear.

And you're a mindreader as well now are you? I specified "a lot". A lot can still be a minority, but equally it could be enough that a majority of the viewers agree with the reporter.

You really are a very easily triggered snowflake aren't you?
Disagree with it enough to try and wind me up with your failed mocking attempts. This is honestly really stupid, how can a lot = minority? Like wtf? Last time I checked a lot means a large number of something while a minority means a smaller number of something so the definitions don't add up. So by a lot of dislikes you mean around 1000 or more of those dislikes but certainly no more than half of the dislikes are aimed at the Minister? Or does a minority by your so called definition now equal to 50% or more of something? If you picked the first choice I don't see what changed, the majority of the dislikes will still be aimed at the reporter and if you picked the second choice then you are stupid, plain and simple.
And you call me a triggered snowflake? Coming from someone who started mocking me the moment I replied in a neutral way, yeah I am really triggered aren't I?
username4165006
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8itF62yIJg
Saw this interview on BBC news night last week and it's really stupid, can't even call it an interview. Throughout the whole so called interview the BBC presenter does not stay neutral in the topic, she doesn't give her opinions here and there but she tries to make the Hungarian Minister swallow her leftists opinions by getting him to admit that he is a racist, xenophobe, fascist... you know the usual compliments. Even tho the Hungarian Minister says decent and reasonable things in response like it's not possible for someone to be a refugee if they travelled multiple countries, the BBC presenter still tries to make the Hungarian Minister feel bad about himself and to think of himself as an xenophobe, anti-immigrant and all the typical name calling. The Hungarian Minister does not say anything which is racist whatsoever, everything he says he claims that it's about protecting his country, being fair and it's also within the law.
And how funny they disabled the comments section, that's quite a nice ratio of like to dislikes don't you think?
No. Go read some of the comments on other youtube vids for the BBC. Spoiler alert: they dont contribute to the topic at hand but just spout right wing nonsense with no evidence. No joke, I genuinely think that they are bots used to sway the publics opinion, just look on the comment section on their video on trump's child separation laws. But, do also google the hungarian minister, don't know much about about those starving people but have you ever thought to yourself, he might just be everything you're describing?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (10)
6.76%
They might tell the bully (16)
10.81%
I don't think they'd understand (26)
17.57%
It might lead to more bullying (55)
37.16%
There's nothing they could do (41)
27.7%

Watched Threads