The Student Room Group

Predicted Grades

Hi! I was wondering how predicted grades are normally calculated? I know my college are going to be looking at year 12 as a whole and not just end of year exams. My current grades as of the end of year 12 are BBC - so i was wondering if its usual for teachers to predict one grade higher than what you’re currently working at? (in the hopes that after another year the student would’ve improved by at least one grade which isn’t unreasonable)

So i wanted to know if i have a chance at being predicted AAB/ABB? what do you think?

the unis i want to apply to have entry requirements of AAB-BBC and i’m a little nervous.

Also, i know i can achieve A’s and i know exactly what i need to work on to improve and plan on doing so over summer.

Reply 1
bump
Well, I achieved A*AA at the end of year exams, got A*A*A in terms of academic achievement, but got predicted A*AA, so they basically used exam grades as they were what you actually achieved. If you were close to an A, maybe they'd predict you an A in any of your B grades? My school is very stingy with predicted grades too.

Quick Reply

Latest